PDA

View Full Version : HRC Kit or Pipe

450R-ridered
06-04-2005, 12:21 PM
I just got my 450R and I am deciding wether i should get the HRC kit or a pipe for it. Which one will show the biggest gains and is their a big power difference between the two?

nat3060
06-04-2005, 12:50 PM
HRC

RedRacer44
06-04-2005, 01:48 PM
BOTH :D The HRC equipped exhaust tip is a joke compared to the gains you'll reap if you get the HRC with a full exhaust. Not trying to knock anyones set-up, sorry :p

I think you can get on Service Honda and just order the HRC cam? Then get a full exhaust and you'll really be happy :devil:

The HRC might be your best bang for the buck but you'd be sooo much more happy with both....

kbass24emtp
06-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Get both. A full exhaust system with no airbox lid and the HRC kit really rips.

450R-ridered
06-04-2005, 02:33 PM
would power gains be about the same if I were to get the HRC kit and just a slip on pipe instead of the HRC kit with the full system?

Thanks

kbass24emtp
06-04-2005, 03:06 PM
No they will not. There is a sizeable difference between a stock head pipe and an aftermarket. Also Most slip-on pipe wil only allow you to use the stock head pipe. If you wanted to go to full system in the future you will have to buy the whole system, a slip on will not work with a larger head pipe. You will be happy with the power from the full system.

Jonas
06-04-2005, 11:20 PM
I just have the full hrc kit installed. I am looking at going to a pipe. I realize that the stock pipe with hrc end cap is still very restrictive, but I am curious if anyone has drag raced a buddy on the flats with this setup and then went to a full exhaust and raced again. I like to base my decisions on personal experience not just seat of the pants guessing. I feel that some people can be deceived my the additional sound. I am not all about drag racing but ,in my opinion, it is the best way to evaluation your mods.

Also, have you truly experienced any gains from a k&n air filter. I found there to be zero gains on my 400ex. Just wondering about the 450r.

drider
06-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Well tell u the truth. the HRC kit is a rip.hrc Cam is like what? $130?Jet, needle $35. The rest youre paying is too much. how much did they charge u for installing? $nother $250

Well you should of got. the pipe. and just the hrc cam. rest is garbage.

ok here it goes. i was riding a 450r. with slip on.
raced a hrc'ed honda. that 450r. pulled slowly every gear. . So if that HRC 450r. had a pipe. it'll pull even harder!

the deal with a K & N air filter.. Deep down inside. you wont feel a performance gain with a air filter. the stock air filter is just as good. Im Runnin stock air filter!

370kingR
06-07-2005, 04:25 AM
one without the other really doesnt gain all that much power.

It would be like you buying a super set of lungs without opening your mouth any wider or vs. versa. The added lungs arent going to get anymore air in or out of it without you opening your mouth wider!

Get them both. Save enough to buy both then do it all at once.

After that, drop a high compression piston in there ;)

MR.BIG
06-07-2005, 06:05 AM
I had the hrc kit first and it ran good. Then I put a pipe on it and rejetted! The difference was amazing and it really woke it up so I would do both!

ESrider
06-07-2005, 06:52 AM
I'm with 370, but I would get a full system now and save enough to do the cam and a high compression piston at the same time.

Jonas
06-07-2005, 09:47 AM
The hrc cam is alot more than $130 alone. Needle kit is not available separately as far as I can tell??? I installed the kit myself- no cost there.

I understand what you are thinking with the with a K&N. Just wondering if ANYONE has actually found it to be true in reality. Has anyone with a built 450r raced their buddy and then thrown a k&n on and raced again wtih definate gains??????

Thanks for the good input.

cals400ex
06-07-2005, 02:10 PM
the cam is much more than that. at service honda i believe it runs around $215 itself. the part number for just the cam is:

14110-NLZ-650

the needle alone is right here: 16201-NLZ-651

the gains with the K&N won't be noticable. the stock filter is pretty good.