PDA

View Full Version : Wtf!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

journeyman
06-03-2005, 03:22 PM
all I can say is WOW!!!!!

Was ridin my 2 month old 05 400ex last friday night.Goin across the feild in 4th at about 3/4 gas.All of a sudden she shot out alot of white smoke and died on the spot.Also made a terrible clankity clank sound as she was rolling to a stop.tried starting again and nothin.Had no compression what so ever.So I checked all the obvious thing,spark plug fuel etc.........and NOTHING.

So I took it in to the shop on saturday morning.....well they just cracked the motor open on her today and WTF!!!!!Snapped the wrist pin,shattered the piston,shot a hole thru the sleeve,and twisted the crank........Dont ask me how cuz I dont know and neither do they...said everything else was fine...motor had just had a fresh oil and filter change and was fully operational.....anyway to make a long story short............................................. ....Honda is sending me a brand new motor!:D

Which really dosent matter because I have a brand new 450R in the process of being shipped from chicago and will be here somtime late next week or the week after.....Sooooooo,the 400 is for sale!!!!I just want enough to pay off what I owe...So $5200 minus the pipe,uni,jets,bumper and rev box.....or $5500 for everything...I live in MD....pm me if interested!!!!

own3d
06-03-2005, 03:32 PM
hahahaahahaha that sucks bro.

journeyman
06-03-2005, 07:38 PM
has anyone else had this happen???

vinson581
06-03-2005, 07:51 PM
knock on wood my 400 has been great to me, i truely belive 400ex's and warriors are the 2 most reliable bikes..

v581

bakeen
06-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Wow thats the first time I've ever heard of something like that happening on any stock Honda. Most of the time it doesn't happen on even a modified Honda unless it just wasn't done correctly.

FoxRacing81
06-04-2005, 06:41 AM
Put the oil filter in the correct way? haha...wow man..never heard of that happening....least your gettin a new motor!

But then again, same situation with my friends 05 450r. He rode it hard(very hard, but thats wat these motors are built for) for about 4 months, and the top end is going out already. Very Strange....because he changed the oil probably more then it needed it and always kept the bike in good maintance...got the valves shimmed...and then gradually it started smoking and running poorer and poorer.....oh well..least its under warrenty!

-Justin