PDA

View Full Version : blaster questions.

wallaby_kid
06-03-2005, 10:03 AM
hey

i was just wondering bout the blasters. everybody says that they are really unbalanced and aint very good to ride. they are supposed to be a really crap quad and can overturn really easy. is this true:confused:

if u could give me some answers to my questions i would be greatful. ( cos i dont wanna be put off cos i want one):D :D

300exPat
06-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Hey they're not that bad handling and definetly cheap machine's to mod, but it's going to get slow for you fast even if you bore it out and stuff. The suspension on them is also horrible, I used to have a 300ex and my friend used to have a blaster and the 300ex was definetly the better machine. If you need something for under 2k then get a blaster, but if you can get around 2k look for a 300ex or even a cheap 250r.

parkers30
06-03-2005, 10:06 AM
they are a great quad for a smaller or younger rider, they have a very peppy, fun to ride motor and would make a great beginner or transition onto a full size quad, I know thats what my brother and I have done. At the same time there is a huge difference in every aspect between a Blaster and a 400ex for example, There is no comparison, suspension braking, power, etc are all a greatly improved

wallaby_kid
06-03-2005, 10:07 AM
ok thanks guys for the help.:D

bradley300
06-03-2005, 10:35 AM
check out my blast project links in the sport quad section, there is nothing wrong with them

wallaby_kid
06-03-2005, 10:46 AM
thanks man, thats one good forum, it obviously shows that u are devoted to quads, u must be one hell of a rider dude

peace :cool:

parkers30
06-03-2005, 10:50 AM
why haven't you updated that page lately Brad?

bradley300
06-04-2005, 09:47 AM
i'm waiting on LAegers to send me some new stickers for the a-arms. i would like them to look decent, a few more days and i wont worry about it tho. also, i will have a very short race report since i broke down 5 miles in at Loretta's, but countypark has offerd to give a sport class race report since he was close to the front all day. wont be much longer i promise!

TheFontMaster
06-04-2005, 03:45 PM
IMO the blasters are just too small. And when they are stock, they are too skinny, and too short for my liking. By no means are they bad quads, but if your a taller person I say go with a 300ex.

Myrtle150
06-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Ive owned 2 blasters and here is what I have to say. If you have a lot of money you can dump into it, then they can make a pretty decent machine. The power isnt too bad on them stock. However, after much experience with them I have found that they are too short, too skinny, too outdated, the suspension is horrible, and something on mine broke almost every weekend. I would probly go with a 300ex or someting else in the same class. Just my .02

chazekxt
06-04-2005, 07:13 PM
and the blaster fits me just fine

bradley300
06-05-2005, 07:59 AM
oddly, with as much as peope have said blasters break stuff constantly, here is what has happend to mine.

broke a tierod end
stator got wet and shorted out a coil

thats it, i did blow the motor once, but that was my fault, i knew it was gonna blow at the TX race, but i didnt have time to get it rebuilt and figured even last place in texas would be easy points since no one came

BTW, i have 1.5 gncc seasons on my blaster, as well as a complete haspin acres hare scramble series as well as a haspin 3 hour race;) i think they are much more reliable than people want to let on

shellz4sand
06-05-2005, 02:44 PM
My son is 11 & has one.He doesn't really like it.We have a 400ex,300ex & a Banshee so to him it isn't rider friendly.It runs great on a track,but is lacking for power in the sand.He only weighs 70lbs & imo can handle my Banshee much easier.It is not the greatest thing I have ever bought!It just made him like his dirt bike better :(

parkers30
06-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
i think they are much more reliable than people want to let on

I agree, we have had very few problems with ours, just put fresh top ends in them every couple years of hard riding, maybe less for racing and they are good, we have tons of hours on both of ours and almost no other problems

banshees2644
04-08-2006, 05:19 PM
could i put banshee shocks on my blaster

trx400exxracer
04-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
oddly, with as much as peope have said blasters break stuff constantly, here is what has happend to mine.

broke a tierod end
stator got wet and shorted out a coil

thats it, i did blow the motor once, but that was my fault, i knew it was gonna blow at the TX race, but i didnt have time to get it rebuilt and figured even last place in texas would be easy points since no one came

BTW, i have 1.5 gncc seasons on my blaster, as well as a complete haspin acres hare scramble series as well as a haspin 3 hour race;) i think they are much more reliable than people want to let on

all I did was broke a tie rod end and my dad had to modify the tors on it not much wrong with th blaster I loved mine

250rinLV
04-08-2006, 06:35 PM
I owned a blaster for a couple years as a transition quad and thats what i think its made for. its not really a racer or anything like that. it was a perfect quad for me for what i needed it for. however i beat the s*** out of that thing in the desert and i broke quite a few things on it almost every weekend. also i transitioned to a 250r and not a 450. so if your planning to got to a four-stroke u might want to get a four-stroke. while i had the blaster i also rode a 300ex and all though the suspension was better i still preffered the blaster.

btw while i had the blaster i was 5-8 to 5-11 and about 200 lbs.

hope this helps.