PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Or Carb Problem???

BornOnFire
05-24-2002, 12:30 AM
I have been tinkering with the carb for some time now and I seem to have it running pretty well. I do have a peculiar problem with the throttle response.

It seems that I have to "Feather" it to rev it up into the high RPM's. If I just "hit" the throttle, it will stall. This can't be normal can it?

Shouldn't this think jump without "nursing" the throttle?

I put in a WB E-Series Slip on, re-jetted to a 152 main, and added a K&N filter to a modified air box......... if that helps......

Anyone have any opinions as to what could be causing this?

Gotta get it fixed before Memorial!!

Chef
05-24-2002, 01:15 AM
make sure your fuel is clean...i fried a piston from rust being in the race fuel i was using...

BornOnFire
05-24-2002, 07:28 AM
$hit, that would kill me! I just got it in April!

05-24-2002, 08:02 AM
sounds ta me like your throttle cable is loose,,which they come that way from the factory,,if that's not it then your slow circuit on your carb is lean,,like your pilot jet and fuel screw aren't alligned..if you follow what i'm sayin??

BornOnFire
05-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Rico
sounds ta me like your throttle cable is loose,,which they come that way from the factory,,if that's not it then your slow circuit on your carb is lean,,like your pilot jet and fuel screw aren't alligned..if you follow what i'm sayin??

If the throttle cable is loose, then I should be able to tighten it at the nut on top of the carb right?

As far as the pilot and fuel screw goes, I will try to adjust the fuel screw since the stock pilot is what I am using now. Should I screw it inward or outward? Any advice?

Thanks

05-24-2002, 11:44 AM
up next to the throttle housing you'll see the rubber boot goin over the cable,,you can adjust the throttle play there,,I know mine was real loose,,that sounds like the problem,,plus it's a free fix and it will give ya more power.