PDA

View Full Version : Hard to start

kwatts400
06-02-2005, 11:54 PM
I have a heck of a time starting my r. I put in a new plug yesterday and after kicking it over about 15 times and it not starting, I checked the plug and it had a wet, oily look to it. Should I try changing the needle position to lean it out a little bit? I'm just a little frustrated by it. It just seems to be a problem when it sits for a long period of time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

crazyracer250r
06-03-2005, 12:07 AM
put you needle on the top clip most likely its the main jet maybe its to big if you bike is no modded go back to a stock jet when you get it started nexy time ajust the air screw till it sounds like it reving fine dont go to lean it will blow it up but i recomend getting a new jet check the float the lttle lever that pushes the on the float asenbly could be bent and it could be letting too much gas in make sure your using the right spark plug if it has low compression thought the rings might be burned up

Dave83
06-03-2005, 07:50 AM
The main jet and needle position shouldnt affect starting.The pilot jet is the one you need to check out.You may have an electrical issue.Try pull starting it.If it starts to backfire,check the coil and stator.