PDA

View Full Version : 300ex help pelase

fasterblaster09
06-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I recently removed my front brakes completely(calipers,master cylinder,brake lines).and when Ii try to put them back on,they do not work.I've tried to bleed them,but only one caliper the fluid coems out of,then it doesnt squirt,its flows VERY slowly.Also when I pull in the brake,it feels like it isnt even connected?
Any ideas what it could be?
I was thinking the problem is that--where the master cylinder line meets up with the brake lines,does the bolt that holds them together have to be turned so much and the holes have to be lined up exactly? Any help would be great,thanks Neil

EDIT-Im kind of in a rush because I have someone coming look at it to buy day after tomorrow.

fasterblaster09
06-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Sorry for all the typo's:p

250xridamatt
06-02-2005, 06:18 PM
I had a similar problem. I took the calipers off, and was working down there, and when i put them on, they didnt work. I guess i accidently hit the brake lever, so the pads were clamped together. I had to pry them apart to get them on the wheel. I remember it took quite a while to get them working right again. I had to use the brake, pry, use the brake, pry, and so on. Finally they didnt stick anymore but i didnt have full pressure it seemed. I think after a while, it went back to normal.

I dont know a lot about this stuff, just thought i would post this, to see if it was similar at all?

fasterblaster09
06-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Well earlier i tried again,the calipers arent closed at all,they go on fine.When i put everything on,I press the lever and fluid would flow out of the calipers(the little drain hole thing)but the calipers still do not close shut.

chucked
06-02-2005, 07:29 PM
i think you're bleeding the brakes wrong

fasterblaster09
06-02-2005, 07:31 PM
So do I,whne i see it flowing out,I tighten it back up,doesnt seem to be working.:confused: