PDA

View Full Version : Battery up front

UglyMotha™
06-02-2005, 03:58 PM
anyone relocate thier battery up front if so some pics and info on how you mounted it I'm getting ready to so mine here next week since my new subframe doesn't have the mounts

duke416ex
06-03-2005, 07:08 AM
Do a search, 440ex posted some pics on it.

Jeffksf
06-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Did it on my mojave when I did the elec. start conversion. You'll want a really sturdy mount because batterys aren't light and having 7 or 8 lbs jumping around up there things come loose. The best way would be to have mounts welded ofcoarse.

awsomeaussies
06-03-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm getting a battery box and mounting brakets made, I'll post some pics when i get it back, hopefully within a few days.

EPDP99
06-03-2005, 11:34 PM
the only place i could think it would fit is on the shock brace that goes across the top. IMO it would be best to get the air box conversion because it will kill air flow to your oil cooler since honda placed it so high in there. especially if your motor is modded out since they tend to get a little hotter.

UglyMotha™
06-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
Do a search, 440ex posted some pics on it.

I'm not really looking to do a hack job cause that's pretty much all his setup was and looked pretty hidious

UglyMotha™
06-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by EPDP99
the only place i could think it would fit is on the shock brace that goes across the top. IMO it would be best to get the air box conversion because it will kill air flow to your oil cooler since honda placed it so high in there. especially if your motor is modded out since they tend to get a little hotter.

already had a aluminum airbox for 2 years it blows and i got tire of repairing not to mention all the water my engine sucked so I went back to the stock setup but trashed my new subframe last weekend and just aquired and new one that had the battery mounts and tool mounts shaved so she's goin up front

UglyMotha™
06-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by awsomeaussies
I'm getting a battery box and mounting brakets made, I'll post some pics when i get it back, hopefully within a few days.

I'd like to see some pics when you get a chance hopfully soon I plan on starting this this week

Bill Fuller
06-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Ugly I think pretty much the same setup that many Cannondale riders are doing would work great for the 400 also.I got a nice battery box that was designed to go on the lower frame rails between the a arm mounts.Haydug is who I got my kit from,I forget the price somewhere around $150 including new battery and all the cables.

P.S. this was for my Cannondale.

awsomeaussies
06-06-2005, 08:23 PM
I havent gotten it back yet, but hopefully it wont be to much longer:ermm:

K_Fulk
06-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I think if you welded another bar across the frame and, welded up the stock mounts to the bar and used the stock battery box that would be a pretty good setup.

Hard part would be getting everyuthing lined up. But you have the fabricating experiance. And maybe you could get the mounts off your wrecked subframe. You would have to have the battery mounted sideways but that wont be a problem.

Speedy81304
06-06-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm in the middle of building a new air box out of fiberglass and plexyglass. it will use the stock. intake rubber boot and my K&N filter lid will still be used along iwith the K&N filter and sock. my battery will sit laying down since the battery acid in the factory battery will not leak out if laid on its side. all my wiring will be re-wired.

once completed ill post pics of it.,

UglyMotha™
06-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Ugly I think pretty much the same setup that many Cannondale riders are doing would work great for the 400 also.I got a nice battery box that was designed to go on the lower frame rails between the a arm mounts.Haydug is who I got my kit from,I forget the price somewhere around $150 including new battery and all the cables.

P.S. this was for my Cannondale.

you wouldn't happen to have any pics there wouldja pud i'm hoping to do this as clean as possible

Bill Fuller
06-07-2005, 09:40 PM
No pics sorry:( I'm sure you can find something at Cannondaleriders.com.I sold the Cannondale to buy the YFZ.I think Haydug is a member of this site try to PM him.