PDA

View Full Version : canohonda

fast_enough
06-02-2005, 02:18 PM
i got a question does anyone no if cannondale front suspension will bolt to a 400ex i can get a killer deal it is an 1 1/2 inch wider on each side with the ohlins shocks and tie rods everything for $150

jacobw
06-02-2005, 02:24 PM
yes is will bolt to the honda the stroke on the shocks is not at quite as long on cannondale as honda. You might be able to bolt the cannondale front end to the honda but bolting the honda front end to the cannondale wont work real well it will eventually cause ball joint failure. You really arent suppose to bolt them to a different quad the 400ex geometry and cannondale is about the same. Try it and see if it works. I know many cannondale guys have put honda arms on the dale but said the honda has more stoke in the shocks causing ball joint problems in the future. But a dale front end on a honda prob has not been tried I would say as long as u used the cannondale arms, shocks, and front hub assembly you would be ok.

fast_enough
06-02-2005, 02:28 PM
i'm keeping my suspension anyways i'm not trading just buying
thanks a lot by the way

cdalejef
06-03-2005, 10:22 AM
It won't work, its been tried.

fast_enough
06-17-2005, 03:23 PM
why not? im goin to put the whole front end under mine

cdalejef
06-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Maybe this will answer the question for you: http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12136

TBD
06-17-2005, 04:40 PM
Beside the fact that the geometry is different, the ball joints have a larger taper and also the angle of the ball joints are different. The pivot tubes at the frame are also different. Don't do it because it won't work.