PDA

View Full Version : Next Step?

DanAKAL
06-02-2005, 03:12 AM
This is my eleven year old daughters first and last year on a mini quad. She is just getting her feet wet and just starting to race. I learned today that next year when she is twelve she can’t compete in the mini quad class any longer. I was really hoping she could get at least a couple of seasons of racing in before she had to move up. My next question is where she should go from here. I suppose to a 250 but that seems like a really big jump. Especially for a twelve year old girl on a TRX 90. Perhaps a big bore kit and hopping up this 90 is a better alternative than moving her to a 250.

Any input on what should be the next step for her with only one year of experience?

Dan

Quiksilver01
06-02-2005, 04:45 PM
actually the 250ex wont be a very big step up except in size.... my 13 year old sister does fine on mine, it fits her better than me

bradley300
06-03-2005, 06:29 AM
you could also start her out on a bone stock 300ex. just put on the right size tires for your kind of racing and let her go. as she gets used to it, add a pipe, suspension, motorwork. she has all winter to learn the clutch, and eventualy, she will need to know how to use a clutch anyway, might as well teach her while shes young

roostin_dale
06-03-2005, 08:11 AM
It really depends on her size and maturity. She may be able to ride a 300ex. If she cant, I'd say bore the 90, get some shocks, tiers wheels etc. Because everywhere i go you can be up to 15 yrs old in the 90 mod class...