PDA

View Full Version : another gosh darn jetting question

05400exdude
06-01-2005, 11:05 PM
alright here it is. i got a 05 ex. i bought the "moose atv powerup kit." it had a K&N air filter, and a variety of jet sizes. I also bought a Bug Gun evo-x slip on too. the jet kit came with two different size main jets for my bike at this altitude (below 3000ft). i went with the stage one jet cause the stage two said i would have to remove my air box lid. after ridding it for a few days, i want to know what the stage two would feel like. anyone got any thoughts on doing this? also if i do go with the bigger jet, gp170 or something like that, will i run into a lot of air/fuel mix problems? or will i have to make some adjustments? it runs great with the smaller jet in it. thanks guys- ride hard.

2004exrider
06-02-2005, 01:45 PM
with the air lid off it feels a little faster and sounds AWESOME when you gun it you can really hear it breathe! if you stick to the right jetting it will be fine, just try it w/out the air lid and put the other jet in. it takes less than 5 mins to do, if you dont like it its as simple as removing that jet and putting the lid back on.