PDA

View Full Version : computer help

LTZ400rider
06-01-2005, 08:29 PM
my dumbass sister came home from college and once again ***ed my computer up, now i have a password so she cant use it. well she used internet explorer, which i never use cuz it allows spyware. i always use mozilla. anyway i deleted as much IE stuff i can find on my computer, and i use 2 spy things, ad aware and spybot search and destroy. well i been gettin alot of junk lately like pop ups and slow loading. well now today my comp is infested with ads and all that stuff, when i clean it all up with the 2 programs, ill do it again 1 minute later and it will be loaded with like 20 more programs. i never go on internet explorer either. i went to remove programs and didnt see anything that wasnt suppose to be there. any solution on getting rid of this stuff completely before it spreads, or do i have to completely delete my computer for the 4th time

Punk'd
06-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Go to www.microsoft.com and download "Microsoft AntiSpyware"

300ex13
06-01-2005, 08:53 PM
that wont help him in the long run a firwall will help tons!...its just gonna get worse and worse..read my other post on the other 'computer help'

LTZ400rider
06-01-2005, 08:53 PM
that would be 3 things im running, but this programs that is messin my computer up is some how coming back no matter what i do. so i need some good solutions on killin it

LTZ400rider
06-01-2005, 08:54 PM
i do have a firewall

300ex13
06-01-2005, 08:55 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164668

read that ^^^ one of my good friends is a computer hacker ... he hacked into Paris Hilton's PDA...yea he helped in that this dude knos his puters and shares a lot of it with me

300ex13
06-01-2005, 08:58 PM
he put AntiVir virus protection,Ad-aware 6.0se for spyware and such ,and zone alarm pro as the firewall. u have to get it setup anfd running properly i would give best buys geek squad a call and see what they tell u...theres a nasty viruse going around and there isnt a way to stop it...its what i had and we had to format the entire HDD

Syrus
06-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Are you running the programs both at the sametime ? if so dont do that, it criss crosses with each other and doesnt pick up some spyware.

LTZ400rider
06-01-2005, 09:13 PM
ok i read ur thing, how come its posted diff, but mine is there too. 2 diff threads? anyway u told me what happened now how do i fix it

TRX_450
06-01-2005, 09:16 PM
man go to www.pandasoftware.com IMO its the best **** on the market...i love it...catches way more than norton ANd yea i had spybot search and destroy.....mine got so bad that it wouldnt even work

300ex13
06-01-2005, 09:29 PM
well i dont kno that part my puter go too far outta control and someone planted this brand new virus and wouldnt let the puter read the 2nd patiotion...(1st partion is startup when u press the button and loads and says window xp porffesional...2nd partion is everything else the log-in the desktop internet basically the 2nd is you OS or operating system) and it had to be reformatted...if i was you i wouldnt get on too much in the near future find a relative or someone u can trust to work on the poter for u...if u cnat do that then id call Geek Squad from best buy and ask them how much it would cost you...thats all i can tell ya

insaneracin2003
06-02-2005, 12:56 AM
maybe you guys can help me with this,i have 2 virus on my comp.i have Norton Antivirus and when i do a full system scan it tells me what they are but it wont give me a chance to try and Quarentine or delete them.1 is a worm and the other i cant think of at the moment...any ideas??

insaneracin2003
06-02-2005, 12:57 AM
im sorry,i have windows xp home edition

LazeR
06-02-2005, 02:36 AM
Get "Hi-Jack This" and try that.....McAffe might say its a virus, but it's not, im not sure about norton, but we use it all school all the time ( me and the admin)... it deletes stuff straight from the registry so you have to know what you are doing. it works really well though

300ex13
06-02-2005, 11:18 AM
if norton isnt lettin u quarentine them try to find antivir...it is rele high quality program i dont kno if it is free but im almost sure its worth the moeny...do u have a firewall if so it may not be strong enough to block the viruses zone alarm is great since o bout february of this year i have had it and tellsa me when someone tries to hack into my puter and will stop them...and with whatever virus protectiuon u have make sure bout every week u run an update for because the definitions( the things that recognize new viruses) will get outdated and wont pick u a new one if its embedded on the puter...same with adware stoppers keep them updated also