PDA

View Full Version : Slight bog when full throttle

PsychoDave
05-23-2002, 06:09 PM
I have a slight bog when I give my 400 full throttle when stopped. This only happens when I have been idle for about 15+ seconds. (if i rev it a few times and idle for a few seconds it is fine off throttle) I have a 416,10.8:1 comp., xr cam, full WB "R" exhaust. I have a 45 pilot, 4th clip on K&N needle jet, 178 main. I had a 180 main but I think it was worse off idle with it. MY question is what do you think I should try adjusting first? The main? Needle jet? Do you think the slight bog will go away if I adjust the air screw? ALSO, I noticed that when idling and adjusting the idle screw, not much idle speed changes (meaning the more I try to raise the idle, nothing happens and the more I try to lower the idle not much happens. (the idle screw does turn!) I have not had a chance to look at my plug yet! THANKS

phatswinn
05-23-2002, 08:24 PM
i think thats because its cold, my recon does it too and sometimes my 300

PsychoDave
05-24-2002, 06:38 AM
Its not because its cold....the engine is fully warmed up. It only has a slight bog when it is at idle for 15- 20 seconds. If i rev it up a few times...the bog goes away.

05-24-2002, 08:25 AM
From what I'm reading it sounds like that 45 pilot is a little fat,,with you stating it's right when you crack the throttle it's part of the slow circuit,,fuel screw and pilot jet,,maybe go to a 42 pilot first,,it's easy to swap out and a possible fairly cheap fix.

PsychoDave
05-24-2002, 10:12 AM
I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A 45 PILOT WITH MY SLIP NO PIPE. i WAS THINKING MORE THE NEEDLE TO THE 3RD CLIP OR A 175 MAIN. I AM REALLY LEANING TO THE NEEDLE CLIP (WHEN I CHANGED TO THE WHOLE EXHAUST I CHANGED THE NEEDLE AND MAIN, BEFORE I REJETTED I TRIED IT WITH THE OTHER SET UP OF 45 PILOT, 3RD CLIP ON NEEDLE AND 170 MAIN AND IT HAD NO BOTTOM END POWER, WITH THE REJETTING IT GAINED A LOT, BUT IT HAS THAT DARN SLIGHT BOG, I WAS THINKING 3RD CLIP AND A 180 MAIN)????????????????????????????