PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha crap

4wydnr
06-01-2005, 08:03 PM
So there I was last weekend and this guy borowed his roomate's 01 Banshee and he brings it out to my place. I am the proud owner of a 99 400 EX. completely stock minus the sweet itp rims on back. Anyways ya'll know that a drag race is inevitable. I was expecting to get smoked from top to bottom. The only thing is I was looking back at him until i ran out of gears and he hit sixth. Then he slowly passed me up. Anyways, I was really not impressed by the Banshee. I figured he'd waist me from top to bottom since they are SO FAST.

NikNacs67
06-01-2005, 08:09 PM
I Banshee and a 400ex and the Banshee out powers any 400 i've ever riden. But, the 400 does has some balls and I regret getting rid of mine.

bakeen
06-02-2005, 11:04 PM
I've beat banshees up a nice dune hill a few times when my 400EX was stock. They were always close races but I got him in the acceleration. If the race were on level ground and kept going yea he'd get me after a while but not at the length we had. If you really wanna smoke one go on a MX track because thats where the 400EX will really show you what its got over Yamaha's. I haven't seen anything worth a damn come from them ever.

brian250racer
06-03-2005, 05:39 PM
A stock 400ex has less horsepower than a stock Banshee. But it does have more torque. The reason you beat the Yamaha of the start, and thru most your gears, is the banshee has to come up on the pipe to really start making power. Meanwhile the 400ex is shifting and pulling away, until the 350 twin finally hooks up and starts to catch up. If you were to have both on a paved road,(don't do it!!) The 400 would most likely pull the banshee in 1st gear then all you would see is the rear grab bar of the yamaha walking away....

saud alzaabi
06-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by 4wydnr
So there I was last weekend and this guy borowed his roomate's 01 Banshee and he brings it out to my place. I am the proud owner of a 99 400 EX. completely stock minus the sweet itp rims on back. Anyways ya'll know that a drag race is inevitable. I was expecting to get smoked from top to bottom. The only thing is I was looking back at him until i ran out of gears and he hit sixth. Then he slowly passed me up. Anyways, I was really not impressed by the Banshee. I figured he'd waist me from top to bottom since they are SO FAST.

dud u must be dreaming cumon he BORROWED the BANSHEE so he is a BEGGINNER at shifting and those stuff,dude a banshee has soo much power than the 400 the banshee is like a greddy single turboed supra and the ex is like a silvia silvias are awesome but really cant stand a chance infront a supra except if thier highly modded ;) understand my words bro,although yes the 400's has more torque than the banshee's

4wydnr
06-04-2005, 08:53 PM
He isn't a beginner he's had his own quads and dirtbikes before. He understands the two stroke power band Sorry you lost me when you started talking about rice burners. If you were talking american iron I'd understand. The only jap crap I'll ever own are my Honda atvs.

I'm not saying the Banshee isn't Fast. It has a very high top end but from the start to the top it is rather unimpressive.

bakeen
06-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Almost all Honda ATV's are designed and made in the US.

quad2xtreme
06-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Engineered in Japan, made in the US following Japanese specs.

fitethesystom
01-12-2006, 10:48 PM
yeah something wrong with th Banshee your 400s not gonna beat that if the rider knows what he's doing. Quit being so damn conceited....

01-13-2006, 08:35 PM
your 400ex is stock and slow no doubt about it...learn about bikes and then write on here...

123patrickquad
01-13-2006, 08:40 PM
hes right i raced a banshee when my 400 was stock and i beet him til top end then he past me. and we raced a few different tymes.

fitethesystom
01-13-2006, 08:49 PM
UH HUH.....................

CHEVYZ
01-14-2006, 07:13 AM
Guys, from experience, no one is lying. Brian250racer already summed everything up perfectly.

rooster400ex
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
I beat a banshee b4 on my old blaster lol. It's true, on a drag. The guy is really horrible a shifting i guess. It was a shortrun though.

4wydnr
01-14-2006, 09:53 PM
I really don't think I'm being concieted. The guy knows how to ride and I beat him in acceleration on pavement so traction was not a problem. Then again you're right it was a yamaha that had more than one year on it, it must've been going to **** already. I forgot I'm used to quality machinery.

learn about bikes and then write on here...
The reason I started this post is because everything I've read and heard about says banshees are supposedly the fastest atv ever built from top to bottom and should be feared by anything that isn't a twin cylinder two stroke 350.

coryatver
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Stock banshee's are nothing to write home about. They get there reputation from the modified ones. You pipe them and they rip. Stock banshees are not that fast. From my stock 400 I raced a stock banshee and found the same thing. I was ahead untill I ran out of gear. But then he got some pipes and I can't even come close.