PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody had problems with burgard???

hondardr05
06-01-2005, 07:57 PM
I ordered a set of a arms for my honda 300ex three weeks ago today 6/1, I ordered +3 +1 arms that come with tie rods and I also ordered stainless steel brake lines for $75.00 extra. I recieved these arms last thursday.... note that I had my front end all stripped down, brake lines removed, front plastics, wheels, hubs a arms, it was ready to go back together with the parts I ordered so I could go out to the dunes on momorial day weekend.... I opened the package and my tie rods weren't there and my brake lines were missing... I instantly called burgard since it was 3:30 here it was 5:30 there, I talked to someone and they apologized for the screw up and said he would overnight them to me, so I was happy and went ahead and put the a arms on and got it back on the wheels, and waited... they didn't show up friday, they didn't show up saturday, I figured they had to be here tuesday so I had to put off my plans for the weekend and look at my quad all torn apart instead, I was pissed but I dealt with it. they didn't show up tuesday so my wife called them and asked them and he said he was in the machine shop and had to go look in the office and he would call back, no call, no message.... its now wednesday and now they're saying i'll definatley have them by friday.... nice overnight shipping for your screw up...

xX-400racer-Xx
06-01-2005, 11:37 PM
this is typical for him, i ordered my +3's from him off ebay and had no problems but when the ball joint broke 2 weeks later from something it shouldn't have broken on, it took him 2 months and more phone calls and e-mails than i can count to finally get my replacement. :mad: i found a website completely devoted to talking about getting screwed by things like this. but i wouldnt get my hopes up on seeing the stuff at your door friday morn. :(

roostin_dale
06-03-2005, 02:43 PM
yea, thats normal service from them. Stay on thier *** or your never going to get your stuff!

gojk
06-03-2005, 06:07 PM
I have kinda been wondering if my +3 are really plus +3's. My elkas seem really stiff on them no matter what I do. Can one of you take a measurement on the arms to let me confirm that I got +3's. Everyone claims they must run 4/1 offset wheels to stay under 50"s but I am running 3/2s and I am under still by at least 1/2"

xX-400racer-Xx
06-03-2005, 11:29 PM
i don't know if they are really +3's or not but my elkas are stiff also, but i did hear that that elkas are stiff shocks so when u get the measurements pm me i am also curious.

hondardr05
06-04-2005, 12:23 PM
well I got my parts on friday morning as promised this time... So I guess that wasn't horible, "just over three weeks to get all my parts, just had to hound them a little bit". Now about this suspension deal, everyone is saying that their suspension is really stiff after mounting the a arms, mine was also, I had to get both hands pushing down on the front bumper to compress the shocks, it seemed very stiff, I have works dual rates on a honda 300ex. I took my shocks off and adjusted it up a couple notches on the preload and it seemed to help a lot, maybe too much, I haven't had a chance to really ride it and see how it handles, when I had it all apart puting my brake lines on I discovered two breaks in my frame just a couple inches up from the upper shock mount, one side is clear through and the other side is 3/4 through, if that breaks on a hard landing or something my whole front end would cave in, I gotta get it welded up before I really see how my new a arms handle while riding hard...

wvspeedfreak
06-04-2005, 12:46 PM
I really like Burgard products but your experience was very similar to mine.I think he just needs someone to help him keep everything organized and running smoothly.

TC426EX
06-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Glad you got your stuff finally, I wouldve been steamed about missing memorial weekend riding. Ive never dealt with Burgard, but there have been a steadily increasing amount of complaints about service particularly and balljoint issues recently. I know Ill definitely never use his stuff...

ohski
06-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Interesting... My arms took about a week and the stem only took about 5 days. All parts that were ordered were in the box and everything works just like it should.

Wade

DaveEX7
06-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I ordered Burgard +3 nickle plated a-arms, and only took 5 days for them.

Weird

motochamp250
06-07-2005, 03:03 PM
ya a buddy of mine has a 450r with +2's and he broke his ball joints the other day at a race..luckily in practice.. but i guess with burgard it is juss the luck of the irish:rolleyes: beter knock on wood when u order from them:rolleyes: