PDA

View Full Version : Robby Gordon sayind Danica Patrick Cheats

raptor35086
06-01-2005, 07:30 PM
DID ANYONE HEAR THIS FOOL?!?

I just felt like reaching through the tv when he said this...he said cause of how lightweight she is that she is faster than all the guys.....he is a 200 some pound guy there...wat about all of the other drivers lighter than him...i guess they are cheaters too....but then again...there are people heavier than him that are better at racing than he is....i think it is a bunch of bull...sorry for the long post...just needed to get it out

Mxjunkie
06-01-2005, 07:33 PM
lmao, whats the world coming too :blah:

ShiftFMX
06-01-2005, 07:33 PM
He's just jelous that he couldnt get a piece... :eek2:

I-7
06-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Yeah I heard about that and he didnt race. What a BI*CH. I used to like him too. I bet he lost a bunch of fans for being such a sore loser.

Quadman250R
06-01-2005, 07:52 PM
yeah i heard it too but the funny thing was is that half of the announcers agreed...ex. Dave despain

Metzroth
06-01-2005, 08:08 PM
I dont care how light she is, if she hadnt had fuel probs she woulda won the race.

LTZ400rider
06-01-2005, 08:10 PM
who won, what place did she come in? how did she enter the race is she pro?

wilkin250r
06-01-2005, 08:29 PM
That's life. Just because he's a fat-a** doesn't mean she's a cheater. Any race team owner in the world is free to get a light-weight driver for his car, just like horse racing. When is the last time you saw a 200lb jockey?

There's no minimum weight requirement for drivers. If he has a problem with it, he's free to starve himself down to 85 lbs, there's nothing in the rules against it.

Woodsrider
06-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Shes a better driver than he is any way. Even if they were the same weight, he'd loose. She has a winning spirit and a drive that he lost years ago. Hes a has-been looser, and hes jealous because a split-tail can drive circles around him.

And just for the record..........

I'd hit it!:macho

roostin_dale
06-01-2005, 09:19 PM
ok, ummm, im not really into this kind of racing, or do i know much about it....but does that little bit of weight make THAT much of a difference?

Lgnrider424
06-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Danica is from my home town. ive accually partied with her many of times. shes a way cool girl. one of the guys i ride with dated her for a few months in high school. just thougt id share my story with all

parkers30
06-01-2005, 09:45 PM
the car only weighs 1600 lbs from what Iunderstand, I really don't know that much, and they are saving every possible once, at 230 mph I guess it matters, I think it is perfectly fine, like someone said everyone is free to find a skinnny driver.

she finished 4th, after leading as late as lap 194 of 200 Dan Wheldron won....

muddy400EX
06-01-2005, 10:03 PM
haha, i dont watch these races but this guy sounds like an idiot. i dont think weight would make that big of a difference in a car that fast:confused:

DIRTtrackLEGEND
06-01-2005, 10:58 PM
he prolly cant even get Danica to talk to him let alone look at him.

She is a good racer, real good.

PEACE

DtL

1BADYFZ
06-02-2005, 12:06 AM
I dont know what the big deal about her is anyway, she has been racing for a few years now. All of the sudden she gets famous? She also has the personality of a rope, She doesn't do too bad, but she still makes some rookie mistakes. If she stays focused she may have a good future. She's not as aggressive as hornish, kannan or wheldon, she might have to get some of that to finish first.

At 5 foot 1 she's pretty short as you can tell by that pic up above.

06-02-2005, 12:11 AM
well i dont know why anyone even payed attention to robbie gordens remarks, he said he might not race anymore if they didnt add weight to her car. what a loser, and if he did stop racing, i doubt anyone would even notice. whens the last time robbie gorden won a race? yea, thats what i thought

Mxjunkie
06-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
well i dont know why anyone even payed attention to robbie gordens remarks, he said he might not race anymore if they didnt add weight to her car. what a loser, and if he did stop racing, i doubt anyone would even notice. whens the last time robbie gorden won a race? yea, thats what i thought

he actually kicks *** at offroad racing such as the Dakara(sp) rally and the Baja.

http://www.robbygordon.com/Imagefolio31_file/gallery/09_THE_ROBBY_COLLECTION/Wallpaper/redbull.jpg

dober250R
06-02-2005, 06:08 AM
team penske calculated her weight into the speed and they came up with .8 miles per hour faster because of how light she is. IRL weighs the car before the driver. I think they should go to the same system nascar uses. It 's not that much of an advantage, but still, the fat guy will have to just drive her down deeper into the corners and get on the gas a lil earlier. Robby gordon is just making excuses.

thomps6s
06-02-2005, 06:19 AM
If Robbie the Dumbazz Gordon is right then the lightest car would win all of the time. What an idiot.

trick250r
06-02-2005, 09:37 AM
robbie gordon is just jealous b/c a woman beat him in a race, she can drive better than he ever will be ablr to (on asphalt), and she's really hot. if he's complaining about how light she is then maybe he should either go on a diet or get a sex change

WKY400EX
06-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Shes a better driver than he is any way. Even if they were the same weight, he'd loose. She has a winning spirit and a drive that he lost years ago. Hes a has-been looser, and hes jealous because a split-tail can drive circles around him. I agree 100%. She's fast out there, and I respect what she's doing. She's a woman out there beating guys, so of course she's going to catch crap. The guys that complain just can't take it that a girl beat them. Their egos get hurt, so they cry like a little 5 year old sissys.:D

TWISTED
06-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Gordon is, and has always been a snot, suckin, cry baby!!!

87250rxrider
06-03-2005, 07:01 AM
actually, weight makes a big difference in the cars. .8 mph is a huge advantage if you think about how fast they are going. they should do rules like Kart racing has, with every car including the drive being the same weight. she has the advantage, but she still needs to become a better driver to win a long race. experience usually comes out on top. her advantage is not fair, and weight shoul dbe added to her car. i've been around Kart racing a lot, and i think the weight rule is great for fair racing.

Warnerade
06-03-2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by 87250rxrider
actually, weight makes a big difference in the cars. .8 mph is a huge advantage if you think about how fast they are going. they should do rules like Kart racing has, with every car including the drive being the same weight. she has the advantage, but she still needs to become a better driver to win a long race. experience usually comes out on top. her advantage is not fair, and weight shoul dbe added to her car. i've been around Kart racing a lot, and i think the weight rule is great for fair racing. its not her fault shes skinny and hes fat?

cool_racer67
06-03-2005, 07:48 AM
actually, weight makes a big difference in the cars. .8 mph is a huge advantage if you think about how fast they are going. they should do rules like Kart racing has, with every car including the drive being the same weight. she has the advantage, but she still needs to become a better driver to win a long race. experience usually comes out on top. her advantage is not fair, and weight shoul dbe added to her car. i've been around Kart racing a lot, and i think the weight rule is great for fair racing.
i agree, it is a good system to use. i race karts also. once i went to the bathroom before a race. raced and was one lb under weight. DQ'd. and it was for state points

dunnonuttin
06-03-2005, 08:16 AM
her advantage is not fair, and weight shoul dbe added to her car. i've been around Kart racing a lot, and i think the weight rule is great for fair racing. buddy, kart racing is a lot different than indy racing. tell me how a 5 hp briggs and stratton powered kart is the same thing as a 500+ hp car. i raced champ karts long enough to know there is a hell of a lot of difference. let me see your kart go from 0 to 200 in less than 10 seconds (not sure thats correct just a guess). the best ive ever seen a kart do is around 60-65 mph. as for robby gordon, he sucks. anyone see the race where he spun out and kept tryin to correct it instead of getting on the brake and stopping like all other human beings but kept spinning out? i hope a 95 lbs woman gets a nascar ride and blows by him so fast, it will make his head run circles. the rules of indy say that the cars have to weigh the same but its up to the driver and crew of each car to decide where they want the weight. robby gordon is a cryin panzy momma's boy.

bansheeguy77
06-03-2005, 08:20 AM
haha all you guys are just defending her because she is hot. nobody would defend jeff gordon because he is light weight. anywho, i know in nascar they have a rule where the weight of the driver is added into the equation of the total weight of the car. so i think its like 2600....so if you have a 200 lb driver the car weighs 2400, a 100 lb driver the car is 2500 and so forth...at least it used to be that way....dw tought me that :macho

bradley300
06-03-2005, 08:26 AM
well, 18.5 pounds is 1 hp to the ground, so she has almost 5.5 extra hp to the ground than he does, that would make a heck of a difference! besides, i dont think he actually said she was cheating, more less said she had an advantage since the total car weight does not include a driver like it does in NASCAR

raptor35086
06-03-2005, 01:19 PM
he defiantly said she was cheating...i heard it come right out of his mouth

bulkdriverlp
06-03-2005, 04:32 PM
robbie gordon cant finnish in the top 30 most of the time. when something goes wrong he gets mad and throws a tantrum. he needs to find a different job. danica im sure is capable. good for her.

seamonster
06-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Danica would have won the Indy 500 but the fuel situation didnt fall into place...she ended the race with less than 1 gallon of fuel in the tank and it takes 2.5 gallons to complete one lap at race speed....she and her team did well to finish 4th but given fuel, she would have been the first woman to win the Indy 500...I live in Indy and she has done more for open wheel racing than anyone in the last 20 years....she is on the cover of Sports Illustrated and the last Indy driver on the cover was 1985 I think.....she rocks and she's for real!!!! Great Job!

seamonster
06-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Also, as a side note, people *****ed about Michael Andretti being too light and having a weight advantage..this was 10-15 years ago...people who lose will always blame something!!

CannondaleRider
06-03-2005, 06:04 PM
EDIT JOEX.........

Cut the foul language:grr:

wilkin250r
06-03-2005, 06:47 PM
But there's also nothing in the rules that prevents ANY of these guys from dropping wieght, if they are so concerned about it.

Are they going to try to make sure everybody has the exact same amount of gas at any given time on the track, to make sure they all weigh the same?

What if somebody gets in a small crash and loses a wing or a piece of the body, but their car is still able to race? Are they automatically DQ'd because their car is now lighter than everybody elses?

In high-performance like this, 100 lbs out of 1600 can make a significant difference. Top speed won't change a whole lot, but less weight will allow you to accelerate faster, and push through the corners faster. So yes, 100lbs DOES make a difference.

However, it's not against the rules, therefore it's not cheating. Any of these guys are perfectly free to drop weight if they choose.

06-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I disagree with him here, but Robbie Gordon is a pimp.

DIRTtrackLEGEND
06-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
I disagree with him here, but Robbie Gordon is a pimp.

if robbie gordon quit eatin' donuts and junk food and wasnt such a wuss, he could be a good racer and at least have a chance hookin up with chicks like Danica :blah:

PEACE

DtL

06-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
robbie gordon cant finnish in the top 30 most of the time. when something goes wrong he gets mad and throws a tantrum. he needs to find a different job. danica im sure is capable. good for her. EXACTLY! go grab the tissues and some ben and jerrys robbie, u getting ur *** whooped by a hott girl!

T.Hopp
06-04-2005, 07:43 AM
If she or her crew broke any rules, they would be disqualified. I didn't hear where that happend! How can she be called a cheater if she didn't break the rules. It appears that the rules were followed. Don't blame her or her team, blame the committe that makes the rules! What about her disadvantage. Weighing much less than the men, I bet she isn't as strong as they are. Does strength and stamina have nothing to do with it? I havn't heard her cry foul over that. I'm not into the finer details of auto racing but in comparison to GNCC racing. I'm shore Ballance, Yoakley, or Borich aren't the lightest in the race field. I think skill plays a big roll. I hope Danica takes this as a compliment to her driving skills.
Just my thoughts.

06-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by T.Hopp
If she or her crew broke any rules, they would be disqualified. I didn't hear where that happend! How can she be called a cheater if she didn't break the rules. It appears that the rules were followed. Don't blame her or her team, blame the committe that makes the rules! What about her disadvantage. Weighing much less than the men, I bet she isn't as strong as they are. Does strength and stamina have nothing to do with it? I havn't heard her cry foul over that. I'm not into the finer details of auto racing but in comparison to GNCC racing. I'm shore Ballance, Yoakley, or Borich aren't the lightest in the race field. I think skill plays a big roll. I hope Danica takes this as a compliment to her driving skills.
Just my thoughts. yet again, another great point

06-04-2005, 11:35 AM
the extra weight makes no diffrence. It is how the car is set up to that driver. for instance a 300lb person ( assuming they where still phisicly active) could be going the same or colse to the same speed of a 100lb person. but if they switched cars neither one of them would be able to dive. this is because the car is set up diffrently for the diffrent weight.

remlapr
06-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Many of the guy drivers are very small themselves. Christiano Diamata (sp?) that races champ cars and used to race F1 is like 5' 4" and 130lbs.

87250rxrider
06-05-2005, 09:39 AM
mittimj, your incorrect. weight plays a huge difference, no matter how many of you think not. i have grown up around racing, and i know that weight i a huge thing drivers worry about, which is why they all try to stay thin. Robby Gordon doesn't have to worry about his weight, b/c he mostly races NASCAR and offroad, so weight doesn't matter their, b/c offroad takes skill, and in NASCAR every car must start the race at the same weight, including qualifying for the race, which gives everybody a fair advantage, and really shows driver, and crew skills. if i had a say in the rules for IRL(which i don't), i would make all the cars(including driver) start the race with the same weight. from then on, fuel calls, w/e is what can change the entire outcome, instead of driver weight. racing should be all driver skill, and crew skill, and their ability to drive and set-up cars, not the stupid advantages like weight. the guy who said that Karts accelerate slower than IRL cars, thats BS... superkarts accelerate faster than F1 cars due to their power to weight ratio, and all those karts, inluding driver, and required to start the race and finish weighing the same. BTW, superkart are Karts that are 250cc 2-strokes, that do 160mph+. Robby Gordon is a very talented driver in many ways, especially offroad racing(he is incredible offroad) he's good in NASCAR too, but has been having a lot of bad luck this year, and he has plenty of talent in IRL too, but doesn't race enough of it to improve his status. i'm NOT a Robby Gordon fan, but Robby is a good guy, so beleive what you what, i can't change your opinions, i'm just stating the facts!

-Ryan

Ralph
06-05-2005, 09:57 AM
I bet you F1 is gonna turn in to the same thing as horse racing. Every team is gonna try to get the smallest driver... lol

450Racer
06-05-2005, 12:14 PM
sounds like his winning years are about over, lol. that really bugs me when people make up excuses so they can think they're still the best. i weigh 124 pounds at 5'5. most of the people i race are 180 at 6'. sure it's an advantage but advantages are not cheating! that's like saying since the YFZ has a more agreesive motor, an advantage, it's cheating to use it. i think that Danica has an awesome future and she's an extremely talented driver.

baja_racer
06-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Robby Gordon took overall at the Baja 500.....completed it in just over 9 hours.

gojk
06-05-2005, 03:40 PM
I would like to throw this out there.

How many of you think Barry Bonds or Mark Mcguire are cheaters for using drugs that were not illegal at the time of use? If she won according to the rules she was not cheating. She is taking advantage of what she has and others don't. There are a ton of examples where people have an advantage, and you can't say they are cheating for using that advantage.

I like Robbie Gordon, but he can't say that his $5mill truck used in baja isn't an advantage over the guy that could only afford to drop a mere $500k into his.

parkers30
06-06-2005, 08:37 AM
what a whiner

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/3666910

06-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
what a whiner

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/3666910

Im tired of Gordon too. I went to a race a few years ago in Louden where Gordon got annihilated. He was driving out of the pits after the race in his pickup toyota i think it was and my dad said good race to him. He just kept looking forward and said i coulda done better in a whiney tone. He looked like he had just cried with all red eyes glazed over(not stoned). Anyways, thats my first hand experience with Gordon being a whiney *******.