PDA

View Full Version : Installing new Clutch and doing some polishing tomorrow, A few Questions

JhallettEX
05-23-2002, 05:41 PM
Tomorrow I will be installing my new Dirt Digger clutch and I was wondering if there is anything I should know before I start the project? I know to let the disc soak in trans fluid for a while but is there anything alse I should remember to do when I do this. Also while I have it apart I think that I may polish the side cover, how long will this take me to do? Thanks

Sparkles
05-23-2002, 05:53 PM
what are you going to use to polish it with ?

JhallettEX
05-23-2002, 06:43 PM
Going to use Aircraft stripper to remove the finish, wet sand it and then polish it off with some mothers polish

Sparkles
05-23-2002, 06:48 PM
i dont think it should take too long im guessing around an hour?:confused:

Rastus
05-23-2002, 09:06 PM
Took me about an hour and a half to two hours to get mine off, installed, and put back together. Im not to sure about the polishing.

Items to have: foot pounds wrench. (to take my discs off, i had to take the crankshaft bolt that holds the flywheel on , off.) I dont know about a 400, but mine had to be set to 110 foot pounds.

Oil catcher/strainer: Got to have this. Make sure you drain the oil in it, before you take the side cover off. (On mine i have to do this, im not to sure about a 400 here either.)

Lots of wrenches on hand:
Clean place to set parts:

This should get you through it.
Its pretty easy.