PDA

View Full Version : Delaware places to ride

870hunter
06-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Hey i live in delaware and there are seriously no places to ride or no one to ride with, does any one know where i can ride , i have on place its a tight farm to ride on like 400 acres, but i need people to ride also it gets boring after a while, so im lookin for new places to ride in or close to delaware , if any one can help me let me know

platinum350
06-02-2005, 07:14 PM
where are you at in DE? Anywhere near the PA line? How about the 400acres, is it fields,trails? Can it be worked into good riding?

870hunter
06-03-2005, 11:44 AM
im in middletown delaware , its about 15 miles from newark ithe pa line is about a 35 minute drive from here so not that far, im alwasy looking for people to ride iwht or to go to there spots or what ever

kwatts400
06-04-2005, 01:33 AM
I lived in Middletown until I moved to Newark to go to the U of D. There used to be some places to ride until the developers got ahold of most of the land around town. Its kind of sad, but when I was in high school, there was a small pit right around Frog Hollow golf course that is now being turned into condos.

Anymore, my friends and I go to the coalhills in PA, or we have been taking weekend trips to West Virginia or other places to ride.

870hunter
06-04-2005, 07:09 AM
i just went riding at this place last night and it was cool , but it was rain , but still fun , if you go up RT 72 and its all the way back in the delaware industrial park, (right before the old caldor or the dollar land , if your going north its on the north bound side on ur right , you follow the main road all the way back and look to your left and u will see a big hill , its alwsome back there let me know when u want to go

platinum350
06-04-2005, 08:03 AM
was it all trail riding? Any jumps? A lot of land/riding?
I may interested in checking it out if it is worth the ride.

Mxjunkie
06-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Blue diamond mx park in newcastle I think on 30, their atv track is sick now. :macho

jrspawn
06-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Hey, i live here in middletown also. Blue diamond is about the closest place your gonna find. We've beenworking with them for a while now on the quad track and its starting to turn out pretty good accually. I also ride seaford and easton a lot. You've probably seen me ride before if you've ever been to blue diamond, i used to race a blue hybrid bike, full houser chasis with a yz426 engine, but now i just got a full long travel MX trx450r. You'll have to give blue diamond a try sometime soon. It woulnt be for over a month till im there again though, this past sunday at seaford in the delmarva series race i had a wreck and broke my ankle, heal bone and tore some tendants. So i wouldnt be back out for at least a month.

Thank you
justin
jrspawn@aol.com

bonified5
06-10-2005, 10:51 PM
i live in pa right by the de/pa line i dotn know of any places to ride.

platinum350
06-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Hey Bonified, have you ever heard about a spot near the Home Depot, right off 95, before you get to the split at 95 and 495? I forget the name of the exit it is bye, i've seen people riding from 95.

Pman485
06-13-2005, 09:54 PM
BlueDiamond, I go there all the time, It's in Bear Deleware :D

http://www.bluediamondpark.com

RuffRyder
11-05-2005, 08:43 PM
I agree. They hate the thought of even lettin a quad run on the MX track.. They send ya back to the ATV track which is really gay and not technical at all. Its never maintained and barely watered. Theres huge rocks and ruts and whatnot. I always ride there but in DE there aint many places to go. Look out for me on black/yellow YFZ (brand new) :cool:

predator dad
11-06-2005, 05:41 AM
I ride a new white yfz. I was at Blue Diamond yesterday. They've done a few changes to the atv track. It's a little better. Where else does everyone ride? I live in Rehoboth Beach.

Honda5
11-06-2005, 05:45 AM
if you live in rehoboth why don't you go to middleford speedway?

predator dad
11-06-2005, 08:12 AM
My son races there in the Delamarva Series. I've never riden my quad there though. Might go check it out today.

Honda5
11-06-2005, 08:00 PM
he won't be in the delmarva series next year if he is on a quad.

predator dad
11-07-2005, 02:54 AM
He races a KTM 65 dirtbike. No youth quad class around here. He'd dominate if there was. He's pretty fast on his modded Predator 90.

Honda5
11-07-2005, 03:58 AM
they are not going to run any quads next year.

ESrider
11-07-2005, 06:43 AM
He is right there won't be any quad classes in Delmarva next season. It looks like D7 will be the closest series.:mad:

jrspawn
11-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Yup, it definetly sucks!!! I think i might run some of the D7 budds race's, maybe an atco one, and the nationals again. Its a shame for all this to happen, as much as the ATV industry has grown, and new ATV's have been purchased(esspecially from the dealer's invloved with the banning of quads in the Delmarva series) to have these races taken away from us. Being able to have just travled within 2 hours away for delmarva or even most of the D7 races has turned into having to travel over 5 hours to hit up D7 or even D6 races. It makes looking at all the traveling for the nationals better. When you think about, travling 5 to 6 hours for a D7 or D6 race to race with possibly 75 quads and a couple moto's, or travling the same time, some more though, to spend a full weekend, plenty of racing, and over 750 quads. Its not hard to figure out which race i would rather go to. Thats just my opinion though.

Justin

RuffRyder
11-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Just a heads up. This Friday around noon me and some buddies are hittin up the Delaware Industrial Park right off rt.72 by I95. I'd be nice to meet some fellow members there. Ill be on the YFZ, and im goin with a 450R, 400ex, and a 125SX....might be more we'll see.

predator dad
11-08-2005, 02:53 AM
Where do you park when you go to the DE industrial park? I have an enclosed trailer I pull behind my Jeep. Is it illegal?

RuffRyder
11-08-2005, 06:24 PM
I've seen people park right in the little culdisac all day without a problem. On some days the cops make the people parked there leave. Most of the time you'll be alright. I park in Scottfield (the neighborhood) at a friends house and ride the back way into the park. If you think you can make it, drive into the park a little bit then unload there. If you guys wanna meet up friday hit up my cell 547-3813 my name is Doug.

predator dad
11-09-2005, 02:49 AM
This Friday's not good for me. Have a Dr's appointment in Wilmington at 12:15 and then relatives are taking me out for my birthday. I'd like to ride with you guys sometime though. Maybe next weekend. I ride a white 06 YFZ 450 with a few mods. Just a yoshi pipe, new bars, AC nerfs and IMS front bumper. That's all I'm doing to it for now.

newcastle915
11-13-2005, 07:05 PM
just a heads up on de industrial got ran out today with a tresspassing charge and tress on atv ticket anybody have any of these charges before and if so what was the outcome thanks

kwatts400
11-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by newcastle915
just a heads up on de industrial got ran out today with a tresspassing charge and tress on atv ticket anybody have any of these charges before and if so what was the outcome thanks

I've been there a few times, looks like I won't be going back. Keep
us posted about what the outcome is.

RuffRyder
11-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by newcastle915

Someone was shooting a machine gun. Thats why

newcastle915
11-15-2005, 11:28 AM
cop said it was a pistol but from what i saw they let them

bigjohn21601
11-28-2005, 03:10 PM
iam looking for a place to ride my honda odyssey fl350 i ride at the track in seaford and i ride at the one in easton but iam looking for a atv track or a big open farm so if nebody out there can tell me a good place and if u know somebody that has a odyssey and they like to ride write me back thanxs

J-man67
04-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Does anyone still ride at the industiral park on 72. I am familiar with the area, but I cannot picture where this place it.

RuffRyder
04-14-2006, 05:05 PM
I ride the industrial park all the time. Off 72. What cant you picture? Have you been there before?

J-man67
04-14-2006, 06:38 PM
I can't picture where it is exactly. There are a crap load of roads off 72. Which one is it? I am picking up my KFX4 tomorrow morning and want to ride. I think a buddy and I are heading to the canal first. I've never had a problem there in my truck.

RuffRyder
04-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Dude, do not ride at the canal...Trust me. Sooner than later you will get caught. Been there. The industrial park is just that....the indutrial park.The entrance is just off 72 once you go under the I95 bridges. You turn in at the big sign that says DELAWARE INDUSTRIAL PARK and go all the way back and make the last LEFT into that culdisac. When you park....its best if you drive into the dirt and over that hill.

J-man67
04-14-2006, 11:11 PM
OK, I know exactly where now. I've riden at the Canal a lot. No one ever bothers us. I have been down there with 5 BIG trucks and spitting mud and riding the trails all over. I will give it a try. If not...I'll stop by the Industrial park...Is there a lot of people there usually?

J-man67
04-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Went riding ALLLL day at the Canal and not one problem. We don't blast out on the main service roads and don't litter and such. It was a blast. I am in the process of uploading a few pics. I meant to stop by the industrial park, but passed it and didnt feel like turning around...I'm beat.

RuffRyder
04-15-2006, 07:21 PM
You're lucky man. I wouldnt make a habit of riding the canal tho. I sometimes ride in this little sand pit right under Reedy Point bridge on the south side of the canal; but I dont stay there longer than 25 minutes at a time. The game warden and the dudes that drive the durangos around will get ya. I messed with my YFZ today, took the baffle out / lid off and re-jetted and actually hit it right this time. Im gonna test it out tomorro to make sure its right on and I just gained about 5 free HP (well 10$ for some jets) Next on my to do list is the cam mod

J-man67
04-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah. We didnt see one Durango or warden. Heard others riding in the back ground. Where we ride really isnt too accesible from reg durangos...so not too worried about them. Got one pic though. There are little tables and stuff. We had a good time.

http://butlers.smugmug.com/photos/64625611-L.jpg

J-man67
04-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Well...I rode the industrial park today. I didn't think it was all the great. No jumps really, too many ruts/bumps and a lot of trash. I saw a lot of wood with nails in it. the trails were pretty cool and the banked turn was great. I might go there if I am bored one day again, but it really wasn't that great. Oh well.

RuffRyder
04-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by J-man67
Well...I rode the industrial park today. I didn't think it was all the great. No jumps really, too many ruts/bumps and a lot of trash. I saw a lot of wood with nails in it. the trails were pretty cool and the banked turn was great. I might go there if I am bored one day again, but it really wasn't that great. Oh well.

Its better than nothing man. And there are TONs of trails thru the woods which is the best part bout the place.

J-man67
05-01-2006, 07:26 AM
I know its better then nothing.... Thanks for the directions. I will ride there again. Let me know when you go.

lovetoridedirt
05-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Canal rocks industrial park was ok

http://butlers.smugmug.com/photos/67154353-M.jpg

buddy with new quad on his second day of riding

http://butlers.smugmug.com/photos/67154375-M.jpg

someone who will remain nameless lol

http://butlers.smugmug.com/photos/67154571-M.jpg

http://butlers.smugmug.com/photos/67154981-M.jpg

http://butlers.smugmug.com/photos/67155169-M.jpg