PDA

View Full Version : Spark plug

PanterA775
06-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Hey, I need to know what spark plug I should have in my 350x engine. Me and my friend and his dad have been working on it lately and it has some idling problem like it ill stall out ont he trail. and then well take the spark plug out and it will be covered in carbon. Some of you might bring up the possibilty that the gas might be to rich but I cant find the adj. screw on the carb. Anyone know where that is? Thanks for any info.

VT250X
06-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Parts sources show DR7ES NGK.

LM

dork
06-02-2005, 12:33 AM
stock on the 350x was a DR8ES-L, but a D8EA or D9EA will work fine.

if you're running the stock carb, the pilot screw is located under the front of the bowl where the carb mounts. turning it out richens the mixture and in leans it. stock pilot jet is a 45. when you adjust the pilot screw, the rpm should drop when its turned all the way in and it should drop when its turned out more than 3 or 4 turns. if it doesn't drop or die when you screw it all the way in, then you should go one size leaner on the pilot. and if it doesn't drop when screwed out, then you need to go one size richer. you should end up with the screw somewhere between 1 and 3 turns out with the right pilot jet.

nman
06-13-2005, 08:51 PM
if by any chance you get the dennis kirk magazine go to the back it has a specifications table.