PDA

View Full Version : Which Handlebars To Buy!!! $$

tahoe97
09-16-2001, 12:35 AM
Hello all
First off this is a great forum and thanks for the help from all of you guys..

I have a question.. In the process of jumping and being a tie rod i think i have bent my handlebars up.. I am looking for a replacement set that is a bit stronger and the same color and bend but with a crossbar because i think it would look better with a yellow fox racing pad across the bars and the yellow guard removed... I am looking to spend around 30 give or take a few bucks if possible.. ALSO a site where i can buy them at..

thanks in advance..

4punksdad
09-16-2001, 06:59 AM
I would stick with cheapo bars.........& here is why.

In the event of a wreck, something has to be the weak link. Something has to bend. I prefer it to be my handle bars as opposed to something more costly & more difficult to replace.

for example..........my buddy just installed a set of TAG bars on his 250R. He has had them for about a month............he crashed it 2 weeks ago for the first time since the new bars. It was a simple roll over due to a failed hillclimb attempt. The hill was not that bad & was only about 30' high at the top.

The bars didn't bend at all.............very tough bars...............however, his steering stem got wasted...............get my point?

nakomis0
09-16-2001, 02:11 PM
I like the Tag Metals the best there just about the same bend as the stock bars. and cost about 70 bucks.

3punksdad is correct, you do increase your chance of bending a steering stem.

I think its crap about needing a weak link, why can't the ground give!? stupid ground! :grr , lighten up already:)

oynot400
09-19-2001, 08:17 AM
I have Renthal's and really like them. The reason I got them was due to a roll over, thanks to a friend. In that crash the steering stem got bent along with the bars. :mad: I was able to straigten the stem some what but the bars were beyond repair.
Since then I crashed last week at a race and broke my Renthal's and they are standing behind them. As far as I can tell right now the stem is ok but it will be replaced sometime in the future.