PDA

View Full Version : 6 Weeks!!!! No Riding

enduro400rider
06-01-2005, 12:47 PM
well i talked to my surgen yesterday, im having surgery next wednesday on my jaw, i asked him if i can race 2 weeks after the surgery is done, just flat track no jumps or anything he said NO which i can understand but he said absolutly NO RIDING for 6 weeks :eek2: not even just ridin around my yard, its not like its surgery on my knee or sumthin its just my jaw witch will be protected by a helmet. i asked him the same question about 5 months ago and he said sure as long as its not jumping, now he says no i love it. him and his orthodontiist buddy change there mind every minuate just 5 months ago they both said oh no you wont need surgery, but 5 months later oh you do need surgery and i dont want you riding for six weeks. i told my mom hey im riding 3 weeks after its done wether he likes it or not,

SadisticShee
06-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Well what does he know, hes only a DOCTOR

blaster_rider68
06-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by SadisticShee
Well what does he know, hes only a DOCTOR

lmao

Hondadudeehhhh
06-01-2005, 05:56 PM
what did you do?

enduro400rider
06-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
what did you do?

basically when i bite down my teeth touch and slide forward, so when i start to bite down i have an overbite but when i bite all the way down and come to a stop i dont have an over bite. so he wants to, basically cut off my bottom jaw right after the hinge part and move it forward and screw it back together, this fixes it so my teeth dont slide forward when i bite. basically 5 or 6 months ago the doctor tells me that if i dont have it done i will be fine, and it wont cause any harm later in life well 5 months later he changes his mind and says it needs to be done. i dont agree with the whole operation what so ever but i dont have much of a choice. basically the doctor IMO is out of his mind he put a thing in my mouth for 2 years that was supposed to correct this problem and it did nothing, now he wants to do this, i consider him to be and idiot the guy hit on my mom while me and my dad were in the same room :confused: you gotta be a real ***** to do sumthin like that. i personally dont like him, but what can i do

prepracing
06-02-2005, 01:49 AM
get a 2nd opinion !

Mxjunkie
06-02-2005, 01:53 AM
If you were to ride, your mouth would be so swollen and you would be in so much pain you wouldnt even think about riding, your going to need every bit of 6 weeks of rest for your mouth and such to heal correctly and without any delays.

06-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Sounds shady to me, I would definately seek a second opinion, if the Doc is as bad as he sounds he could do more harm than good.

He hit on your mom?? :D :D :D classic!!

FasstMidnightZ
06-02-2005, 08:15 AM
hey man u had what i had, All i can say is it succcccks royal ***, its been 8 months i think, and its all healed n' such, but i permentaly have 6 screws in my jaw, and a great bite :cool:

enduro400rider
06-02-2005, 09:54 AM
from the people we talked to the guy who is accually doing the surgery is very good, but my orthodontist is a total *** who can make up his mind. i would like to get a 2nd opinion but its less that a week away so...... i think after 3 weeks to swelling should have gone down enough that i can put a helmet on, the main reason i want to ride is i will be getting my motor back from Hetricks racing with the 416 and i know im going to want to test it out

devildriver422
06-02-2005, 06:09 PM
man just ride, give it like 3 weeks. they say to wait so long so that they cant be liable. i broke my rib not long ago, and i was supposed to wait about 6 weeks, 3 weeks later i was riding, it hurt a bunch but it got better in like a week. just take it easy

03400EX_Nacs
06-02-2005, 06:17 PM
wow i should make a post for me saying "no riding for 6 months!!" :(

enduro400rider
06-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by devildriver422
man just ride, give it like 3 weeks. they say to wait so long so that they cant be liable. i broke my rib not long ago, and i was supposed to wait about 6 weeks, 3 weeks later i was riding, it hurt a bunch but it got better in like a week. just take it easy

i figure after 3 weeks i should be able to ride, its not like im goin out and ridin free style or anything, its basically just goin to be around on roads goin places and breakin in my new motor, my quad is my only transportation i have right now and if i cant ride i cant go to my GFs house and if i cant do that then it cant.... well thats besides the point but i need to ride for good reasons:devil:

hondardr4life
06-03-2005, 04:38 AM
When I tore my rotator cup, they said no riding for 6 weeks. I was back on within 2, lol. If it hurts that bad that you can't wear your helmet, then don't. I know its really stupid but just be safe. I had to do that for a while when I had poision ivy on my face.

cheetah
06-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by 03400EX_Nacs
wow i should make a post for me saying "no riding for 6 months!!" :(

Amen, I've been out for 1 month so far and have another 6 to go. It sucks.

dunnonuttin
06-03-2005, 08:25 AM
my jaw has not been right ever since i got hit with the pogo stick, just feels weird when i bite down. i got a second opinion on my lip and they said i didnt need stitches but i went and wasted 3 hours in the hospital anyway to hear i didnt need stitches.

Warnerade
06-03-2005, 08:42 AM
go for it..take the risk, roll your bike and hit your head hard...make it so you have to get the surgery over again...i wonder what your parents would think. Get over it, your not supposed to ride for 6 weeks...so dont, plain and simple...i get my cast off in 3 more weeks...i have a big series race that week..if my doctor sais not to ride, im not riding..anything medical costs to mush to bet on...listen to him, he only spent 8 year in college perfecting what he does

enduro400rider
06-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
go for it..take the risk, roll your bike and hit your head hard...make it so you have to get the surgery over again...i wonder what your parents would think. Get over it, your not supposed to ride for 6 weeks...so dont, plain and simple...i get my cast off in 3 more weeks...i have a big series race that week..if my doctor sais not to ride, im not riding..anything medical costs to mush to bet on...listen to him, he only spent 8 year in college perfecting what he does

i really dont think im going to roll my quad and hit my head hard in my back yard. i dont have any jumps or anything back there i just want to ride around, not hard core free style or racing i can understand that i cant race but i think i will be fine to cruise around after 3 weeks, last year i rode with a cast on my left arm for about 2 weeks and everything was fine, im not saying that the day i get back from the hospitle im goin to jump on and ride im going to give it 3 weeks.

Warnerade
06-03-2005, 10:34 AM
if YOU tihnk its worth the risk, go for it. jut remember..**** happens..

Quad18star
06-03-2005, 02:34 PM
You think not riding for 6 weeks sucks ... try 10 months and counting . Doctors know best , but if you insist on going out and riding and risk having something screw up well then that's your decision , but don't say the doctor didn't warn you if something does happen .

03400EX_Nacs
06-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
Amen, I've been out for 1 month so far and have another 6 to go. It sucks.
i have been out 4 and have like 5 left...