PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield McCoy

waloud
06-01-2005, 06:31 AM
Is there a website where I can get some info. from. I'm looking to go in July. I need a campground with hookups. Can you still ride from your camp into town and the trail heads? Any information or help would be great. This will be my first time going there.

Bill Fuller
06-01-2005, 08:18 AM
i would suggest you search this site for info.There have been some great rides at H/M.Where we camp you cannot ride your quad to the trailhead.This is a very ATV freindly area and you are allowed to ride your quad on the street,aslong as it's in a safe manner.I would suggest you try to come to H/M the weekend after the 4th of July(7th-10th I believe).There is a large group ride planned for that weekend.Probably be around 25 to 30 riders of all skill levels.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-01-2005, 08:18 AM
http://www.trailsheaven.com/

parkers30
06-01-2005, 08:43 AM
We went down at the end of april and stayed at Twin Hollows Campground, they are linked form the trailsheaven.com site

you can ride right onto the trail system from there, my only concern after going there is the hil you have to drive up to get there, we stalled out our motorhome trying to pull up our trailer

waloud
06-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the info. We will be going after the 4th weekend. I know there is several threads about this place, but they are usually several pages long. I'm going to do some research this weekend.

Rico
06-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by waloud
Thanks for the info. We will be going after the 4th weekend. I know there is several threads about this place, but they are usually several pages long. I'm going to do some research this weekend.

Well i'm from Louisville also so you could just follow me down there for the big ATV forums ride.

Reservations are made for camping so alll you have to do is show up.

YOu interested in it or you wantin to go alone????:confused:

Striker49
06-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Well i'm from Louisville also so you could just follow me down there for the big ATV forums ride.

Reservations are made for camping so alll you have to do is show up.

YOu interested in it or you wantin to go alone????:confused:

Rico, good to see ya again. Nice kid btw, when'd you pop it out? :p

Im gonna try to hit LBL at the end of June, but if I can get off of work and get someone to go, you might actually have to count me in on this H/M ride, it sounds promising. :p

Bill Fuller
06-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Don't be skeeert:bandit:

waloud
06-02-2005, 12:51 PM
As of right know I'm not for sure on the date or how many people will be going. I will check out the forum ride this weekend. Thanks Rico.

Doibugu2
06-02-2005, 03:17 PM
I'm going to be the first one there, down there on the 5th, I'm the welcoming party:D

Chino
06-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I'm going to be the first one there, down there on the 5th, I'm the welcoming party:D

ill be there thursday w/ dewiey ill be hangin out, imma ride with the big groups and hang in the back since my wrist is still FUBARD.:devil:

Bill Fuller
06-02-2005, 04:29 PM
I plan on leaving out Wednesday afternoon,so I'll be there late as usual:D It will take me 7 1/2 hrs to get there:ermm: Little d claims he is going to make this one but don't count on it.:rolleyes:

waloud
06-04-2005, 12:57 PM
disregard this post, checking to make sure computer is working