PDA

View Full Version : Anything else I need to do?

Jay300ex
05-23-2002, 03:38 PM
Got my wb today, got it on, and boy, thats a lot better ;) Just wondering a few things, first, will a silencer give more or less power? Its a bit loud right now because i dont think it has the silencer with it. also, anything i need to do with the air box? if so, what and how? 2 more things, do i need to worry about it melting my plastics or will that piece of tape down there prevent that, and.... is there anything i should do with the disks or is the way it came (12 i think) alright?

Thanks guys!

Jay

Jay300ex
05-23-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Sparkles
perch and emergency brake block off, k&n power kit

????

MX MadMann
05-24-2002, 05:03 PM
dude that thing that has the disks IS your scilencer. even though it doesnt make it silent

4punksdad
05-27-2002, 08:10 AM
drilling your airbox lid will probably give it more power than your new pipe.

kxrider
05-27-2002, 04:25 PM
don't drill holes just take the lid off and replace it with panti hose, then put a new jet in, and that will help alot, you can drill holes but then if you ever change your minde you cant undrill the holes

deansfastway
05-27-2002, 04:34 PM
YEAH MAN use GRANNYs old panty hoses . If you coat them in oil it wont pass as much dirt to your filter Also if you coat it with oil it wont pass droplets of water through .Try a 42 pilot and @ 158 160main jet from HONDA . Then RIP

Jay300ex
05-27-2002, 05:54 PM
whats that over the holes you drilled? i would run with no top but i do ride through a lot of water and mud, as a habit, so that wouldnt be to advised for me . i want to get the K&N kit, anything specific i order as in kits with the size jet i want? actually, a better question is there a URL to a site that sells them cheap i can take a look at? ;)

Jay

4punksdad
05-28-2002, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Jay300ex
whats that over the holes you drilled? i would run with no top but i do ride through a lot of water and mud, as a habit, so that wouldnt be to advised for me . i want to get the K&N kit, anything specific i order as in kits with the size jet i want? actually, a better question is there a URL to a site that sells them cheap i can take a look at? ;)

Jay

jay,
thats a piece of fabric stretched tightly over the holes & siliconed into place.

Jay300ex
05-31-2002, 05:00 AM
Cool! Thanks 4punks that should help out alot as long as I dont bog it in water hehe.

Jay

4punksdad
05-31-2002, 03:32 PM
don't forget to remove the drain plug on the bottom of the box to let water out.........try this.

Jay300ex
05-31-2002, 10:27 PM
Is that cloth like on covering the holes on the lid? Or is it something else? Nice idea though! :)

Jay

honda250
05-31-2002, 10:34 PM
k&n, re jet, drill holes in the airbox and i reccomend little prefitlers u can get from dennis kirk. THere are 5 in a pack IF u only do 5 u dont feel the diffrence but it is better for the engine but if u do 10 or more u might feel it

EX Fanatic
06-01-2002, 05:50 AM
You can get some of them 1" round filters out of RMATV. They are $8.99 for 6 I think.

Jay300ex
06-01-2002, 07:14 AM
Would you guys say doing all this will tune down the life expectancy of my engine? That is what I am trying most to avoid, so I'm hoping if I get it jetted right and prepped, it wont harm it to much if babied :) Hope I am right..

Jay

06-06-2002, 11:58 AM
If your bike is jetted properly, your motor will last as long as if you had the proper jetting with the stock accessories. All you are doing is opening up the restricted stock flow and compensating with the jetting.:blah

Jay300ex
06-07-2002, 06:03 AM
after i do all this drilling and putting the prefilters on the box, ill have to clean my filter regularly and clean the box right? a friend of mine bought a whole new box that was suppose to give even more effecient air flow, but now he wishes he just hacked the stock box instead of spending money. how does that work? and the K&N filter WILL stop like water droplets and dust from getting into the intake right? i know its suppose to but yah never know with my luck heh

Jay

Scott
06-07-2002, 06:16 AM
The oil on the K&N may repel some water, but even with a stock airbox, if you have water deep enough to submerge the air filter, it's going to the carb.

I think 4punks custom drain is a good idea, lets the water drain out of your moded airbox, but hopefully it would slow down the water trying to get in through that drain.

A 1-way check valve would be good, but it would be hard to keep it from getting dirty and sticking or plugging up.