PDA

View Full Version : questions on disconnecting the tors,clutch lever wires, and pingel tethers

SRH
05-31-2005, 08:18 PM
ok i wanna put a honda thumb throttle on my quad, it just feels more comfortable to me plus im not sure if the tors (throttle overide system) is messing up on me and making my quad break up in the higher revs

i wanna know exactly how to disconnect it, i heard you follow the wires from the throttle down to the connector and right before the connector goes to the wires that go to the thumb you cut them and tie them together, is this correct?

i also know the yfz has a throttle position sensor will disconnecting the tors effect this at all? i know the positions sensor aids performance and stuff and i dont wanna mess with that

my 2nd question

my pro design tether...absolutely sucks, it never works i wanna get rid of it and get a pingel, i saw the nice aluminum pingel thats around 70 bucks it says for battery ignition, thats what the yfz is right? and how do i go about hooking it up? which wire goes where? etc

3rd question

i love the stock perch and lever but i have fat bars and im crammed for room so im going to get a 909 perch and lever , and i wanted to know how i go about disconnectiong the lever so i can start it in gear and stuff

i dont wanan **** up any of my electrical but id like to get rid of that stuff if i can, any help would be appreciated

mountaineer
06-03-2005, 07:04 PM
#1- I just cut and wired together the tors
#2- the pingel is the way to go I removed the instrument cluster for my lights, on/off switch, and starter. I use the yz kill button as a starter, wired my lights on, and wired my on off switch to my pingel it works great! I have never liked grounding out my cdi and went through 3 pro design tethers (they are junk).
#3- just cut the wires and splice them together. You just have to make sure you have the clutch pulled in or in neutral when you start it.

If you need to know how to wire your pingel let me know I will look and see what color wire you need to connect to. I highly recomend the pingel it works way better than the pro design!

I also use the honda 400ex throttle and love it do not worry about your tps

SRH
06-03-2005, 10:28 PM
i heard the clutch lever wires go to male and female plug ins and if you unplug the ones coming from the clutch then just plug the male into the female it works fine

id appreciate if you could tell me which wire from the pingel goes to what wire in the harness

oh yeah and when i follow the tors dont from the thumb throttle do i splice it before or after the first connector?

mountaineer
06-04-2005, 07:34 AM
I just cut my wires from my clutch and spliced them together. If they do have a connector connect them together.

The pingel!
Follow the wires down from your instrument cluster the hot side of the on\off switch is red with a black stripe on the off side is solid brown.
Now you can wire it up on the red/black stripe or solid brown wire.
which ever one you want to use will work fine

I would use the brown wire just cut it and splice the red wire from the pingel to one side and the blue wire from the pingel to the other

Remember I removed my cluster so I just spliced one side of the pingel to the red/black striped wire and the other side to the solid brown wire.

I would cut and splice it in front of the connector. Between the throttle and connector.

SRH
06-04-2005, 09:51 AM
thanks a ton i havent got my pingel or new clutch lever yet but im gonan put the honda thumb on today for the race tomrorow, ill see if it helps with my thumb cramping

mountaineer
06-04-2005, 10:14 AM
When you put your thumb throttle on remove the spring that is inside the housing. less stiff

SRH
06-04-2005, 10:31 PM
i put it on today, havent ridden yet but it feels way more comfortable ill see how it works tomrorow and decide if i wanna remove that spring

1iviper
06-05-2005, 04:10 PM
definatly take the spring out of the throttle.the fcr has a beefy return spring,part of the stiff throttle problem.it's more than strong enough to return the slide without the throttle spring.

SRH
06-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 1iviper
definatly take the spring out of the throttle.the fcr has a beefy return spring,part of the stiff throttle problem.it's more than strong enough to return the slide without the throttle spring.

yeah i was considering it, i race sunday and the honda throttle was alot more comfortable, by the way thanks for all the help guys

Toadz400
06-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Are there any kits for removing the TORS like they make for the Banshee?

Also, I don't personally see why everyone thinks the throttle on the YFZ's are so stiff. I guess I've just built up a strong thumb over the years riding a Banshee and my 400ex throttle was pretty stiff.

SRH
06-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Are there any kits for removing the TORS like they make for the Banshee?

Also, I don't personally see why everyone thinks the throttle on the YFZ's are so stiff. I guess I've just built up a strong thumb over the years riding a Banshee and my 400ex throttle was pretty stiff.

there not, yamaha just made it harder to keep your thumb on its short and at a sharp angle

Toadz400
06-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by SRH
there not, yamaha just made it harder to keep your thumb on its short and at a sharp angle

Alright, does anyone know of any TORS eliminator kits?