PDA

View Full Version : Live 8

Matt37
05-31-2005, 06:32 PM
Did anyone else hear about this Live 8 thing in Philly, Paris, and I think London. When i heard about it i was stoked I went to the one in 85 and It was amazing still remember U2 performance to this day. And then i see the list of performers and I go :eek: I mean P.Diddy and some other crap groups. Where is Phil Colins, Clapton, The Rolling Stones. I dont know just extremely disapointing after what the one in 85 was like.

SGA
05-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
I see the list of performers and I go :eek: I mean P.Diddy and some other crap groups. Where is Phil Colins, Clapton, The Rolling Stones. I dont know just extremely disapointing after what the one in 85 was like.
Times change and so does who's on top in the music industry. I do see alot of old school names in the mix though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Superstars line-up for Live 8 concert

Superstars including Madonna, REM, U2, Elton John, Coldplay, Paul McCartney, Sting and Robbie Williams will all be performing at the Live 8 concert in London's Hyde Park.

They are just a few of the acts taking part in a series of five shows across Europe and the US announced by Live Aid founder Bob Geldof.

Hyde Park in London, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, the Circus Maximus in Rome and a venue in Philadelphia will host the concerts on July 2.

The London gig will also feature Mariah Carey, Dido, Keane, Annie Lennox, Muse, Razorlight, Scissor Sisters, Snow Patrol, Stereophonics, Joss Stone, Velvet Revolver, the Killers and the Cure.

Philadelphia will see Will Smith, the Dave Matthews Band, Bon Jovi, Stevie Wonder, Puff Daddy and Jay-Z on stage.

Among artists scheduled for Berlin are A-Ha, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Lauryn Hill and Brian Wilson.

The concert in Rome will feature musicians including Faith Hill and Duran Duran.

In Paris, Jamiroquai, Craig David, Youssou N'Dour and Yannick Noah will be among those taking part.

Matt37
05-31-2005, 07:21 PM
Times change and so does who's on top in the music industry.

Thats what everyone says, But everytime i turn on one of my Phil Colins cds my brothers son (age 15) loves it and says that this is what everyone in his school listens to like Zepplin and Hendrix and The Doors. Zepplin is more popular now than he was when he was just starting. So I just think that was the greatest time period for music and music today is a disgrace and kids growing up today dont even like it and listen to the stuff I listen to as a kid. The 15 year old i was talking about says the only people that listen to p.diddy and 50 cent are the "wiggers". Then he said all the stoners listen to Bob Dylan and Pink Floyd. So it kinda sucks for kids today cuz the music sucks!!!

wallaby_kid
06-02-2005, 03:42 PM
any body like metallica. now they are awesome. i got kirks guitar. kh-202. lovely:D :cool:

titianheel
06-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Yea I'm 16 but I really hope Springsteen gets involved unlike the one in 85. He got the day off from his tour lol...