PDA

View Full Version : For all you 2 strokers? i think

Pa400exracer
05-31-2005, 06:03 PM
ok , what is a boost bottle and what does it do?
Are they only for 2 strokes or both 2 and 4 stroke motors?
How much do they help you out?

thanx guys and gals

trick450r
05-31-2005, 06:06 PM
they hold small amounts of gas so if you floor it the gas is already right their...they are only for two strokes, and they are a waste of money...

TCracin440ex
05-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
they hold small amounts of gas so if you floor it the gas is already right their...they are only for two strokes, and they are a waste of money...

bull chit...they control the air/fuel mixture givin better throttle responce...but i can agree with you on 1 thing...they are a waste of money and they are useless

EDIT:

they are only used on 2 stroke motors and can only be used on a banshee cuz of the dual carbs

chucked
05-31-2005, 06:33 PM
they dont do anything, just something to make the company money.

shellz4sand
05-31-2005, 06:35 PM
I like mine I have one on my Banshee.Everyone has there own opinion.It gives me faster throttle response.

TCracin440ex
05-31-2005, 06:37 PM
if you want really good throttle response....convert from dual to single carb and wow....gives alot of lowend grunt

bradley300
05-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
bull chit...they control the air/fuel mixture givin better throttle responce...but i can agree with you on 1 thing...they are a waste of money and they are useless

EDIT:

they are only used on 2 stroke motors and can only be used on a banshee cuz of the dual carbs
wrong, on a banshees, they keep the compression between the two cyl. more equal, for a smoother power. not sure what they do on a blaster, but they do make them for it.

Mxjunkie
05-31-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
wrong, on a banshees, they keep the compression between the two cyl. more equal, for a smoother power. not sure what they do on a blaster, but they do make them for it.

Yeah I've allways wondered why they have one for the blaster lol. 1980s technogly I guess :p

TCracin440ex
05-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by bradley300

not wrong there was a topic on this a few days ago...go read for yourself...

Mxjunkie
05-31-2005, 09:17 PM
The compression is pretty much the fuel/air mixture so they are both right.

05-31-2005, 10:31 PM
the boost bottle control the pressure between the 2 cylinders??? Bull chit. how does it manage that on the air box side of the carb? you are thinking of the thing on the engine side of the carb.

a boost bottle (in theory) allows air to be already filtered. alowing the engine to get that first rev with 0 restriction from the Air filter. it does make some diffrence with a stock air box and air cleener, but once you get into the high flow air filters and box it dont make no diffrence. because the filter has so little restriction

Mxjunkie
05-31-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
the boost bottle control the pressure between the 2 cylinders??? Bull chit. how does it manage that on the air box side of the carb? you are thinking of the thing on the engine side of the carb.

a boost bottle (in theory) allows air to be already filtered. alowing the engine to get that first rev with 0 restriction from the Air filter. it does make some diffrence with a stock air box and air cleener, but once you get into the high flow air filters and box it dont make no diffrence. because the filter has so little restriction

hmmm its on the intake/carb side..... aka right on the intake :huh

06-01-2005, 05:50 AM
that aint a boost bottle.

Mxjunkie
06-01-2005, 06:43 AM
that aint a boost bottle.

Uh yes it is? :huh if its not then I guess every banshee owner that has one has a fake one?

Since Carburators can carburate both in and out, when the charge is out of
phase with the engine it creates a double dipping intake charge (passing the
jets twice). This kills the engines ability to make Torq due to this RICH
condition, thus creating the Torq\HP DIP just before the engine starts to
take in the charge and use it all. This Power dip can be seen in both 2 and
4 stroke engines. The ~BOOST~ Bottle will help cure the problem by providing
a storage tank, of the required volume and distance to resonate at this RPM.
It stores the charge that once reversed back through the carb and returned
as a DOUBLE RICH condition.

What that is saying is, the boost bottle helps with flat spots in the power and evens the flow of gas/air mixture to the motor.

http://www.hardimanatv.com.au/Images/boost_bottle_sml.jpg

06-01-2005, 08:26 AM
that aint a boost bottle either, omg. I will find a pic of a boost bottle.

HiperEX
06-01-2005, 08:31 AM

that is to a boost bottle ive had the same one on my old shee

duke416ex
06-01-2005, 09:12 AM
That's a boost bottle, the other pic was of one on a shee. There lots of us on here that own or have owned shees and know what a boost bottle is, and that is one. The only other thing I would think you are thinking is something like boondockers, and that is just nitrous.

06-01-2005, 09:18 AM
I cant find a pic, I will take a picture this weekend at the races of one. I have a feeling that there are 2 types of boost bottle.

Mxjunkie
06-01-2005, 10:07 AM
I cant find a pic, I will take a picture this weekend at the races of one. I have a feeling that there are 2 types of boost bottle.

I think someone at your races mounted it on the wrong side...:confused:

banshee93
06-01-2005, 12:31 PM
What mxjunkie just posted is a boost bottle. i have the sae thing on my shee

blue416ex
06-01-2005, 01:20 PM
mittimj what you are looking at isnt the right thing O0Or the guy mounted it on the wrong side and left the old conector tube in the engine side ofthe intake i know i had it on my old shee and had 2 buy new intake boots because of that thing IMO its worthless

and if those arent boost bottles then why does EVERY companyy that sells them advertise almost the EXACT same part ? when they say boost bottle?:rolleyes:

nacs400ex
06-01-2005, 01:46 PM

SET THE CRACK PIPE DOWN!!

That IS a boost bottle, there's no other way around it. If it was on the airbox side of the carb, it wouldnt affect the motor at all, except maybe restrict it from even more air.

Maybe you should stop posting, before you make yourself look like even more of a fool.

shellz4sand
06-01-2005, 02:16 PM
I have a picture of my Banshee, but how do I attach the picture?Maybe this will help you guys!

Rich250RRacer
06-01-2005, 03:18 PM
That is a boost bottle, Yamaha had them factory equiped on early 80's YZ's. They called it energy induction, but it was the same thing aftermarket companies called a boost bottle. I had an '81 YZ125 and YZ250 ( I just realized how old I am) and both bikes had them.

trick450r
06-01-2005, 04:04 PM
i had the same boost bottle on my shee...

blaster_rider68
06-01-2005, 05:23 PM

sorry to tell you but that is a boost bottle and there is only one kind too.............unless your thinking of nitrous

06-01-2005, 06:15 PM
I know there is another kind that mounts on the other end of the carb. this sunday I am taking pictures, who wants to make bets.

blaster_rider68
06-01-2005, 06:21 PM
wat are you talknig about..............there is one kind ofboost bottle,when you take pictures this weekend you will see the same thing as the picture that was posted

K-Dub
06-01-2005, 07:36 PM
What he is talking about is the little plastic clear bottle betwwen the air box and carb. My 88 250R had one and I removed it, my 04 450R has one on it at present. Both came on the bikes from the factory with these. I have been told that the purpose for them is noise counter action.

kicken250x
06-01-2005, 08:42 PM
this is the only other kind of boost bottle i know of?http://www.edelbrock.com/media/photos/SEMA_2003/images/nitrous%20grey%20bottlesRGB.jpg

06-02-2005, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by blaster_rider68
wat are you talknig about..............there is one kind ofboost bottle,when you take pictures this weekend you will see the same thing as the picture that was posted

thait is what I am talking about, it is a big plasitc bottle off the carb that has a filter on the end.

duke416ex
06-02-2005, 07:17 AM
That is not a boost bottle, it has to do with the vaccum in the engine. Have you not ever noticed that after a while it gets oil in it?