PDA

View Full Version : Hipers not holding air!!

250ex
05-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey guys, I just got these 9x9 double beadlock hipers and i cant get them to hold any air with my 18 inch kenda klaws!!

I checked the 2 O rings in the middle of the hiper rim and they are set in place great.

I torqued all the middle bolts to 11 ft lbs.

I also torqued the outer ring bolts to 11ft lbs...then...people told me to tighten them as much as they go...and so i tightened them till i was sweating in the garage. lol..

I am very frustrated..and need some help herre...what can i do??!!!

EvilJester400EX
05-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Try putting them in a tub of water and seeing where the leak is.

jak1389
05-31-2005, 04:21 PM
make sure there is no crap inside the bead or it wont seal right. also, are the tires new? if they are used the tires then there could be your leak. put soapy water all over it and see where air is leaking;)

EvilJester400EX
05-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Posted this one already, use grease on the bead of the tire, that oughtta make a good seal if the problem is at the tire. :cool:

05-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by 250ex
Hey guys, I just got these 9x9 double beadlock hipers and i cant get them to hold any air with my 18 inch kenda klaws!!

I checked the 2 O rings in the middle of the hiper rim and they are set in place great.

I torqued all the middle bolts to 11 ft lbs.

I also torqued the outer ring bolts to 11ft lbs...then...people told me to tighten them as much as they go...and so i tightened them till i was sweating in the garage. lol..

I am very frustrated..and need some help herre...what can i do??!!!

have you got the recall done yet? try cleaning all your stuff off and check the tires over and c how that goes

250ex
06-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Hey guys..im so frustated at this moment..i almost want to give em away! lol jk...but today i put grease all along the tire adn rim so the're would be no leakage. And the thing still wouldnt take any air....i dont know how im going to seal these things.

EvilJester400EX
06-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Where exactly are they leaking at?

250ex
06-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Im almost a hundred percent sure its around the bead of the tire.

atvrider12764
06-01-2005, 10:02 PM
mine are doing the same exact thing.... they are only leaking a tiny bit but i still have to fill them up with air every weekend.... its right around the ring....i think its the tire because the other rims dont leak.

xX-400racer-Xx
06-01-2005, 11:27 PM
it is more than likely the tire. try taking a crayon and marking all around the bead of the wheel, and don't be shy about it make sure you cover the entire bead very well, and then mounting it back up it works for me 99% of the time, have had more luck with that than grease or even bead sealer

Honda
06-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Hmm!

Mine have never leaked at all! Even after sitting all winter long!

I have had two tire set-ups mounted on them as well.

Good Luck, I would call Hiper, they have some of the best customer service I have ever experienced!

EvilJester400EX
06-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by 250ex
Im almost a hundred percent sure its around the bead of the tire.

Put it in a tub of water and see where exactly the leak is, you'll see air bubbles coming from the spot.

T2RACING
06-02-2005, 02:44 PM
I was told before mounting them to put a little sealer around the middle of the hiper where they connect together ,,,that a lot of them leak thru there..

yz250
06-02-2005, 04:31 PM
in the past ive experienced that kenda tires with hipers have allways been difficult to get a good seal for the fact that where the beadlock ring is to seat on the tire ,the tire bead is not as thick as the other manufactures thus creating mass head aches in the garage in trying to get those darn things to seal

Meek
06-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by yz250
in the past ive experienced that kenda tires with hipers have allways been difficult to get a good seal for the fact that where the beadlock ring is to seat on the tire ,the tire bead is not as thick as the other manufactures thus creating mass head aches in the garage in trying to get those darn things to seal

I have been running Kenda XC tires with Hiper wheels for 3 years, and I have had no problems.