PDA

View Full Version : friends that are liars

yellowrider
05-23-2002, 12:15 PM
i am here sitting in school and they just said all of you was full of bull..

then they start talking about if you shave the fenders on the 400ex and keep the top part of the fender for front in back that it will be 8 mph faster and you will still be mud free also they said if you take off you air box and just kept your ai filter there you would gain 5 and if you reject you would gain 7 hp

then they go and talk if you switch bumpers and handle bars and tires you will lose 20 pounds and every 5 pounds is a hp

then they said if you take the baffle out you will gain 10 hp... and then i told them that you will lose hp but they didnt believe me

then they said more BS and they thought you all was full of bull i hate when people dont know what they hey they are talking about i wish that people wil keep their mouth shut the think they can even beat me on their warrior that is bored out .020 over fat boypipe and a cam i dont think they can but if so pleaes tell me cause i hate to admit that i was wrong :rolleyes:

Scott
05-23-2002, 12:55 PM
You're right, they don't hava a clue. And no a warrior should not beat a 400ex. If for some reason you lose a drag race, race them through the woods or around a track. As soon as you add some turns, the warrior won't beat a 300ex. Warrior has a good engine, but handles like a tank.

optikid123
05-23-2002, 01:19 PM
i have some friends that are really stupid and lie alot

05-23-2002, 02:13 PM
if got lots of redneck liars in my school

SUPER_DAVE
05-23-2002, 02:40 PM
LOL good lord!
When you see them again ask them what kinda drugs they did b4 they came to school!!

Honda Guy
05-23-2002, 02:54 PM
I wish that was true man I wouldent need to do a 416.

Blake24
05-23-2002, 03:36 PM
if that was true i think every 400ex would be in the 100 horsepower range........hm......

Sparkles
05-23-2002, 03:47 PM
how old are these guys ? did they hit their head on something in the past ?:confused:

05-23-2002, 03:51 PM
Ask them how reducing the weight of the 4wheeler would increase the power output of the engine.

beerock
05-23-2002, 03:57 PM
blah blah blah!!!!!

less weight does increase the power to weight ratio and that does make the bike faster.

but you dont gain HP
weight is probably the biggest factor that people over look.

yellowrider
05-23-2002, 04:03 PM
lol you know what i think that i am going to be pumping 200 horses i will run rave gas shave my fenders off .. get rid of the oil cooler cause that is just to much weight then i will get rid of the shocks and then who needs tires they just take horsepower away then i guess i will loose the air box and the airfilter

and who needs a pipe let it be free flow.. and gosh that baby should fly~~!!!

yamaha1470
05-23-2002, 05:03 PM
When you take out the engine it cuts down on a lot of weight. That is what im thinkin about doin

Racing Rice
05-23-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by yamaha1470
When you take out the engine it cuts down on a lot of weight. That is what im thinkin about doin

And dont forget the suspension, that stuffs pretty heavy too.:D

05-23-2002, 05:42 PM
how does takin out the baffle make u lose power? i took mine out and then i lost the bolts so i cant put it back in? will this tear up my quad any?

mcmike
05-23-2002, 06:47 PM
Engines are designed to use a certain amont of back pressure on the exhaust. You can take two identical quads, take the baffle out of one (stock silencer), and I would bet that the one with the baffle left in, will noticeably beat the other 10 out of 10. Been there, done that.

Rastus
05-23-2002, 09:22 PM
I think you would beat them.
Their old 350 warrior is probably crap. A 2-valve pushrod. All they have going good for them are the CC's.Ive have heard countless people getting warriors for the CC's. There was a guy at school who was going to get one, but i finally talked him out of it.I finally talked him to a 300EX.(good quad, :) )He finally got it and said" thanks for making me get that 300". "my dad got a warrior, and it sucks arse"(edit, yeah,lol)I just about laughed my ***** off,lol.Heck, id even get beside them in a race.(most people mistake my quad for a softie,heh.)

Hey yellowrider, tell them warriors suck, and tell them ill race them anyday.Oh, and tell them their a bunch of dumb*****es,LOL 5 hp gain for no airbox,lol.And taking a baffle out getting 10 hp, what a crock.They sound real inteligent.

RideRed04
05-23-2002, 09:28 PM
Set them strait before they get all your riding areas closed. Hopefully they will destroy their engines by not running an air box before they piss anyone off.

MX MadMann
05-23-2002, 10:48 PM
this kid at my school tells me he has a yz80 , bored to a 90. but get this , it has a racing cam in it haha. oh yeah , it will also go 90 mmh. holy crap i hate when people who have not a clue in the world talk about banshees and how they are the most fastest machine ever created by man. i over hear morons at my school talking about 4 wheelers an they are like " yeah a banshee out of the box will go 98 mph and im gettin one next week" then im like , " dude , a stock banshee wouldnt do 98 if you dropped it out of a plane" . it really makes me mad when people talk about things they dont know about. i wish people could admit when they are wrong and for gods sake , ask questions about things. like me for instance , i have very little knowledge into car stereo , so i ask questions . i think if we get it started right here in the EX riders forum , we can put an end to the worlds stupidity!! ( not really though)

casey

Pro400EXC
05-23-2002, 11:42 PM
I just love when people think there stock Warrior's,Banshee's, Raptor's and DS650's will do 90-110mph outta the box (notice its mainly Yammy owners?I think alot of Yamaha owners have too big of egos?):o

-=Skot=-
05-24-2002, 12:15 AM
thats pretty sad

beerock
05-24-2002, 12:17 AM
oh dude alot of yammaha owners have atitudes.

most banshee owners do, they think they have the baddest quad ever built.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

shane
05-24-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by MX MadMann
this kid at my school tells me he has a yz80 , bored to a 90. but get this , it has a racing cam in it haha. oh yeah

Now thats some funny ****!
People are stupid! Some kid hears his dad tell a whopper about how his 1992 stock CR 250 will get up to 122mph and from there on out it's a free for all. I think it's entertaining hearing everybodies tall tales.......

Shane

yellowrider
05-24-2002, 04:34 AM
well about the riding area .. they own in yeah ..... thats pretty much why i put up with them and when we cross a creek they put a zip lock bad over the air filter so it doesnt get wet..

they are ok on certain things but 4 wheelers they know nothing about they still dont know that i cant beaat a banshee the think i can caues the think that since dirt wheels did that test or maybe action did that test and they seen those stars and the 400ex has more stars then banshee in low and maybe top i am not for sure they think i can beat them they think 2 strokes sound week ..

but i guess i will go along with it and give the 400ex some credit.. he he

oh they are 15-17 years old

oh i blew my engine up yesterday, cracked the frame and also scratched my rims they look like crap did everyone ever tell you that chrome and black top does not mix while slowing down YOU CANT STop i ran off going about 90 and i hit a diched and cracked my frame 4 TIMESS hhehehe (that reminds me of my friend) oh yeah i heard he was drinking so now i have a right to laugh without him getting mad at me i still havent takl to him since the last time we went riding togetehr he about killed me he has more skill then i do and going up hills that where just not my kind of hills but i went up with him anyways and one time i got stokc on the top and he help me and i made it up he is a good riding partner as long as he isnt drinking.....

NateLHonda
05-24-2002, 05:58 AM
one of my old neighbors said a banshee goes 98 MPH and my other old neighbor said a banshe will go 150MPH and his brother with a TTR125L said every time he blows his engine it gains 5 cc.:huh

RoostinOna400ex
05-24-2002, 03:23 PM
Yea a dude at my school thinks banshee's are the world he said if doug echiner got on a modded banshee like a-amrs and shocks that he could kill everyone still and he could go faster on his banshee than on a 440ex!! And a yz250 can go in the 100's if you gear it up a little !:blah

Chef
05-24-2002, 04:45 PM
...a piped and filtered shee should walk all over a 440 dude...and if you made the shee for MX, built it like a pro's bike, and built the 400 like a pros bike, the shee SHOULD walk all over it there too...

One more thing...the EX might get more stars in low end, but it definitely wont in top end... :huh

Tommy 17
05-24-2002, 05:28 PM
i think the biggest problem is that these kids have older friends and the older friends tell these kids b.s stories so the little kids think they are kool... they get a kick out of lieing to the little kids about their banshee or 400ex that will do 100mph... i know how it is i been around it for years... all my older friends use to tell me that stuff but i found out really fast it was totaly untrue and the were ful of chit...

RideRed04
05-24-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by yellowrider
...and when we cross a creek they put a zip lock bad over the air filter so it doesnt get wet..

Well, that removes every doubt in my mind that these guys are morons!

DEAL
05-24-2002, 10:17 PM
I've seen people do some pretty stupid things.
Like a few of my friends see shocks with valve stem type things on them for re-charging and they assume they are "air shocks".
My friend put air in the forks on his dirtbike and the thing sat for about a year and a half and when he went to use it again his forks were seized, i wonder why!? lol:huh :devil

Pro400EXC
05-24-2002, 10:35 PM
Haha these cats are funny jokers. I just laught when i hear pppl say stupid crap.

Like this one cat had a 2001 Warrior,and I mean it was smokin like a mofo,and I said,"dude,why is it smokin,its almost brand new!"

he says "well...i run 2stroke oil in my gas,it gave me some extra zing and throttle response, " I was like, "ohh ok, also your Kunueston Valve sounds loose,better check it"

He ws like Kunueston Valve,wheres that"

I said, its in the gold series power bands located between 2nd-4th gears,better go to a dealer and tell them about it" and he belived me,haha

Alos, I think if you put Tim Farr on a tricked MX Banshee and Tim Farr on a Tricked MX 400ex,the 400ex will post quicker times. I may be wrong, but I know definitly if you had Barry Hawk on a XC 400ex and then on a XC Banshee, the XC 400ex,would burn it!!

chris29
05-24-2002, 11:01 PM
Hey mxmadman what kind of beadlocks are them on the back of that 400ex you posted. They have cut outs in them like the douglas ultimates. They look pretty nice. But I did not think douglas did that to their regular beadlocks.