PDA

View Full Version : TRX 90 Racing

DanAKAL
05-31-2005, 01:50 AM
I’m new to ATV racing but not racing in general. I currently race a KTM 300 EXC and a KX 250. These are woods bikes and I race enduros and hare scrambles. I’ve been doing this off and on for about thirty years. I work with our local sanctioning body to promote and conduct MX races. I just don’t care for racing MX myself.

Anyway, to the heart of the matter. I just bought my daughter an ’03 TRX 90. She’s riding and getting her feet wet and has decided she wants to give MX a try. I must admit that I don’t know where to begin with this little ATV. I’m sure there are things that I should do to her quad but beyond installing a teather, changing the oil, cleaning the air filter, and oiling the chain I don’t know which way to go. The suspension probably needs some adjustments and it might be best for me to put on some bumpers and bars. Maybe change the timing or set the valves. Any help to get me going in the right direction would help a lot. I think that I will probably need to tighten her suspension but really I’m not sure.

We are in the process of getting a hare scramble series started here and she’ll be racing this as well. I know that woods tuning and MX tuning go in opposite directions for bikes and I would assume the same for ATVs. However, if I can find a suspension set up for one type racing I’ll probably have a good idea which way to go for the other.

Dan

212racing
05-31-2005, 05:02 AM
right on with the suspension, that is the first mod to make.
but not much you can do with any of the stock mini quad suspensions to make them competative on the mx track.