PDA

View Full Version : Big Gun exhausts

450RGNCC
05-30-2005, 08:02 PM
What is the difference between the Big Gun R series, X series, and limited series, their website barely gives any info. I want a bottom end pipe for the woods and I was wondering which one was the best for my 450r. Are any of these better than the HMF Balance series?

450Racer
05-31-2005, 09:22 PM
I had the Bill Balance series and now have Big Gun EvoX. i'd call and ask them the differences before puttin gout all the money on something that might be noticably better. personally, the HMF rules for GNCC and woods racing but the Big Gun HUALS on the MX track. i only had the HMF slip on, you could bog the motor out and it would keep torquing and pulling, never dropping on the bottom end, but the power fades out in mid and there's a significant drop on the top end. teh Big Gun improves all over the range, a good big on bottom, STRONG mid, and pulls strong through the top. however, i'm sure that the HMF won't pass a 102db, the Big Gun will without the core. personally i don't like the black/chrome finish, it looks green. the carbon fiber looks really good but the Big Gun looks awesome!

ex kid
06-01-2005, 09:36 AM
call them, they are very helpful!

450RRyder
06-09-2005, 07:55 AM
I heard that the core is one of the major differences. The R has the racing core. I myself have the EVO limited Edition.

Pepto_Bismol
06-10-2005, 10:43 AM
The Evo R Series is only for DirtBike Applications (Dirtbike Motors). They do not build an R series for ATV.

The Evo X Series is available for mainly ATV, and some smaller CC cross country dirtbikes.

The Evo Limited edition is not (no longer) available for the 450R.

Hope this helps.

(Info directly from Big Gun per phone conversions).

So if you want Big Gun, you will get an EVO X.

Pepto:cool:

450RGNCC
06-10-2005, 08:09 PM
I just talked to Big Gun and I have some conflicting information to what was provided in this forum. All of the exhaust systems are the same. Same inserts, same size, same power. The difference is what they are made of. The X and R, i got them mixed up, one of them has a stainless headpipe and the other has a steel headpipe with ceramic coating. The limited has an all black coating on headpipe and canister, which takes the heat out of the engine, and makes the oil 20% cooler. The limited is the most expensive at $550. According to the man that I talked to, Big Gun and HMF are "close family friends" so the same technology goes into both of their pipes, so either pipe will do about the same job.