PDA

View Full Version : Few Dealers

Toadz400
05-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Why are there so little ATK dealerships? Here in Wisconsin there are only two and both of them are on the east side near Lake Michigan and are about twenty miles apart. The other one "near" me is on the western side of Minnesota.

The only thing stopping me from thinking about buying an ATK 450 is the fact that I'd have to drive at least 4 hours either way to pick one up or even get it fixed if something went wrong (FI-wise).

happyboy
05-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah, its a pain in da ars. ATK is the reason, just a small company. Just get to know a couple of the local guys up there, they know the dales really well!

Derno24
05-31-2005, 08:24 AM
I have to agree with Happy. You have some good guys who own and work on Dales up there. Very good support. Not to mention once you buy one you will learn real quick how to fix your own problems. They aren't as hard to work on as people think.

Toadz400
05-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
I have to agree with Happy. You have some good guys who own and work on Dales up there. Very good support. Not to mention once you buy one you will learn real quick how to fix your own problems. They aren't as hard to work on as people think.

Well I live at least 4 hours away from the nearest ATK dealership. I like to look around and find the best deal and 4 hours is a little out of my way.

One thing I don't understand is why the only two ATK dealerships in Wisconsin are within 20 miles of each other on the eastern side...

There used to be a Cannondale dealership around here but since Cannondale went out of business they haven't sold any anymore and they haven't become an ATK dealership. Think I should stop by and see if they are able to order an ATK or something of the likes?

Derno24
05-31-2005, 09:33 PM
You can check. I know some of the dealers picked up ATK some didn't. Can't hurt to check.

Toadz400
05-31-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
You can check. I know some of the dealers picked up ATK some didn't. Can't hurt to check.

Yea, I'll be stopping by the dealership tomorrow anyway to check out the YFZ's/R's.

iceracer17
06-03-2005, 06:46 PM
I know of one in eastern wi.,wach's racing he has a vr and just got a mx in today.The other is in madison i believe.If you need a phone # let me know.

Brown450R
10-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Wachs Motorsports is moving shortly to Wautoma Wi. I don't know how close to star praire that is, but it might be a little closer for you

Toadz400
10-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Star Prairie is on the very Western side of Wisconsin, which is about 4 hours away from Wautoma.

I ended up buying an '05 SE YFZ two days and I've been happy with it so far. Maybe someday if ATK grows I'll end up owning one of them, I'd still like to have one over a YFZ/450R/LT450R.

rollie
12-19-2005, 04:25 PM
there is an ATK powersports dealer about 1 half an hour from me, i dont know if they stock the quads but they could still get me one right?

Toadz400
12-19-2005, 06:11 PM
They should have them in stock if they are an ATK dealership, if not, you should be able to order one for yourself. Go and check them out and let us know how much they want for one.

Brown450R - One thing I don't get is why the only two ATK dealerships in Wisconsin are within an hour of each other. They would've had at least one more sale if they would've been at least 3 hours closer to me haha.

Brown450R
12-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Wachs in Wautoma has a new '05 ATK VR 450 in stock for around $7,500 I think. I think they are normally $7,995..... It is the end of the year, they might be willing to deal...

As far as them being so close...I think ATK has to take dealers where they can find them. I don't think people are kicking the door down trying to get in on the ATK dealership scene. Not after what happened to cannondale. Also, I think the ATK dealer in Plymouth or where ever it is, specializes in bikes, and the one in Wautoma specializes in quads. Although any ATK dealer can order bikes or quads I am pretty sure.

CDALEMX301
12-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Rollie there is an ATK dealer in Maynard Ma if that is the one you are tlaking about the shop is real small they dont stock any 4wheelers but can get them

Toadz400
12-20-2005, 09:51 PM
What sucks is there was a Cannondale dealer half an hour from me and after Cannondale went bankrupt they didn't pick up on the ATK. They sold a few of them there so I don't see why they didn't switch to ATK, otherwise I would've for sure bought one...

$7,500? That's not bad, I paid almost $7000 for my YFZ450.