PDA

View Full Version : Not going in to 5th...

Dannys440
05-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Ok I just did a full rebuild for my clutch forks(Yes i had 2 extra parts a dowel{know where it goes} and a thrust wacher{dont know where it goes}.Now for some reason it wont go in to 5th,all it does it sould like it is jumping[not going in to gear].Do any of you know what could or would make it do this?

thank for info all DANNY

plkmonster2
05-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Um, those 2 parts must go somewhere. Get yourself a service manual. You will be happy. With those 2 parts out, I;m surprised it even goes into gear.

Dannys440
05-30-2005, 05:30 PM
got a manuel,the dowel just alighns the case straight(know where it goes.).The washer i think is off of my old parts,I think and hope.

prepracing
05-30-2005, 05:48 PM
you either put that gear on backwards or that washer is a spacer and with it out, it is not spaced right

Dannys440
05-30-2005, 07:55 PM
ok,I read my book and it said if it didnt engage right to take the right case offand make sure it if going in to gear.I now know where that washer goes,it goes on the old parts.If that dont work I guess I will crack the case again.

prepracing
05-30-2005, 09:08 PM
I did that once on a 250x I used to have, I had a spacer in the wrong place and I could not shift past third gear. Cracked case again and changed that, then I put my shifter linkage postioner back on wrong and then all I had was 3rd gear. After the 3rd time pulling case apart I finally got it right. My local shop actually let me borrow their manual for a night and it showed everyting I needed so I could finally put mine together right . So I feel your pain !!!

Dannys440
05-31-2005, 08:36 PM
I took the case off and it will going to 1-4 but not 5th i could hear it jumping so I am thinking i got the gear in there backwards or spaced wrong.