PDA

View Full Version : flat tire

LTZ400rider
05-30-2005, 12:21 PM
i got a flat in my tire last night in my car, i dont really want to get a new tire cuz the car is about to blow anyway. the tires r bald as hell but i wanted to know if i can put a plug in there? would it hold up at all. i dont want to have it blow out when im goin 60. i was thinkin a plug, some caulk or a peice of rubber and torch it on there

One_Bad_400
05-30-2005, 12:23 PM
ya... plugs work... every one my friends have plugs in there tires from doing burn outs and goin goff road and we do burn outs with the plug and its holding fine... and if your doing more then doing 50-60 on a gravel road bumpy as h311 trying to do some rally racign in a f-150 in your car... ya the plug will hold...

Striker49
05-30-2005, 01:39 PM
If its near the sidewall, dont even **** with it, it wont hold. Otherwise, a plug might work, however Id rather have it patched on a vehicle.

The best thing to do would be to goto a local tire-shop and buy a used one for $10-20. Granted its probably 30-60% tread left on the used tires, but it would be the best thing to do if you arent planning on keeping the car much longer. I had a sidewall leak on one of my tires on my truck on my last set, bought a used one of equal tread-wear compared to my other tires and only spent $25 on it.

Many people look over used tires, but itll save ya some money if ya get in a bind. :)