PDA

View Full Version : any sugjestions on helping my bro.

One_Bad_400
05-30-2005, 12:07 PM
i think my brother is getting out of the sport:( ... he never riddes anymore... and when i tell him to hes like i dont feel like it.. and every time i say im about to ride his quad becsaue im rebuilding mine he's like NO you'll wreck it and crap like that... then i tell him he needs to start practicing and getting into shape and i want him to race Loretta Lynn's... and he's like i cant im not good enough yet!! i'm like ya.. you are! you just need to practic and get your endurence up... but i still cant convence him... he has at the least 10 grand into his bike and he wont let me ride it.. he wont ride it... its pissing me off... any sugjestions to get him to ride...

sorry for waisting your time if you read this... but its pissing me off and i just had to get it out...

250-R-250
05-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Whos bigger?:D :macho

One_Bad_400
05-30-2005, 12:17 PM
huh? he is... i'm 15 he's 18 and he has about 30 more lbs. or musle then me...

FourFiftyFour
05-30-2005, 12:26 PM
you cant force anyone to do something they really dont want to do. Like my college for instance, I am not going for graphic design degree anymore, people have tried to talk me out of it and force me to keep going, but im not happy and i dont wanna do it, I am going to do what makes me happy. You just cant force someone to do something they dont wanna do...sux i know but thats just us humans.

though i dont know how someone could quit quads ..... i love the sport too much :D

Tommy 17
05-30-2005, 01:01 PM
people grow up thats life...

i haven't been riding as much latly... quads are starting to go on the back burner for me also... i can't get hurt... i have my whole future ahead of me and if i brake somethng it would really mess college up for me...

plus cars and trucks are starting to take over...

One_Bad_400
05-30-2005, 01:03 PM
i know he LOVES the sport... its just pissing me off... he is an AWSOME ridder... and opnce he started racing he getts really into it and loves it... but i was the same last year... i loved the sport, i loved ridding... but when he was like lets go practic i'd be like na.. i wana play playstation or on the comp...

but this is also his first year in collage... so i think that is a BIG part of it... and his girl friend:ermm: ... there togeter like 22/7...

he talks like he wants to ride... he prented out a sheet of all the local races and practices and is like "we're hitting all of these" but... we havent:ermm: i think once i get my bike done and start ridding he's going to start blowing off his g/f for ridding...

LTZ400rider
05-30-2005, 01:06 PM
find a new riding spot or something. usually people quit riding when they go to the same place every time. or just go riding and tell him how good it was, show him some huevos videos or something

One_Bad_400
05-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
find a new riding spot or something. usually people quit riding when they go to the same place every time.

that actually could be a HUGE thing... becasue every ridding spot a fields we practiced in, we've been kicked out of and been shot at and crap... and i'm the only other "ridder" around here, and he cant go to a track by him self and practic... so that might be something

DeerNuts
05-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
that actually could be a HUGE thing... becasue every ridding spot a fields we practiced in, we've been kicked out of and been shot at and crap... and i'm the only other "ridder" around here, and he cant go to a track by him self and practic... so that might be something

Well getting shot at would discourage me from riding too.:rolleyes:

SadisticShee
05-30-2005, 01:34 PM
I am the same way. I hardly ride anymore. Since I got my new Car i havn't ridden at all I don't think. Quads are falling away and cars are rising for me...

One_Bad_400
05-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts
Well getting shot at would discourage me from riding too.:rolleyes:

we laugh when that happeneds... but that was a long time ago... back when we rode reguler... with a trx90 and xr100

theTman
05-30-2005, 06:54 PM
tell him u want to go to the races...make him bring you just to watch...im sure it will get his blood pumping

Mxjunkie
05-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Sometimes people just get out of it because they arent interested in it, or they want to take a break. My brother raced motocross when he was a kid, he quit when he turned about 18 or so, hes 30 now and just got another bike, he said he didnt want to get hurt while he was trying to start out and get a job. sad part is, from the pictures my dad has of him, he was good. Now I can probaly out ride him on his new bike lmao.