PDA

View Full Version : WNYOA Hare Scramble, Tires as prizes

boot46
05-30-2005, 06:15 AM
On June 12 round 5 of the WNYOA Hare Scramble series will be held at the Miles Mountain Motorcross facility in Elkland Pa. WNYOA has been getting great rider turnout this year for the first 3 events, with well over 400 at the first 2. Miles Mountain is a great facility with a Motorcross track a Supercross track with lights and an awesome Hare Scramble track. They are commited to putting on a great event and have a couple sets of HD's and iRAZR's to give away along with Moose gloves, Moose hats and t-shirts and plaques and even some bike tires for those other guys. There are classes for all ability levels. Sorry no Mini quads (series rule). So for a great day of racing see you on the 12 Maybe even some of the GNCC guys will make it up after Wv. The schedule is as follows . For more info visit wnyoa.net or miles mountainmx.com
Saturday Gates open at 2:00 p.m free camping
Sunday Sign up 7:00- 12:30
Mini and pee wee bikes start at 9:00 a.m 45 minute race seperate tracks.
Bikes start at 10:30 approx 2hr race
Quads start at 1:30 approx 1 and 1/2 hr race

MEL
05-30-2005, 06:11 PM
does the harescramble track include any of the motorcross track?

boot46
05-30-2005, 06:29 PM
The track will pass by the motorcross track but will not include any of the jumps because the WNYOA rules state that if you use man made jumps you have to provide an altenative route and that is not possible for many of the jumps. Thanks for your interest

660bigdaddy
06-01-2005, 04:28 PM
WNYOA rules state that if you use man made jumps you have to provide an altenative route and that is not possible for many of the jumps
:huh :huh :huh that cracks me up. haven't they ever heard of rolling a jump?why have a rule like that? did they do the mx at thunder ridge last year?
hey jeremy, are the prizes just for the pro class or winners of all the classes?

MEL
06-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy

hey jeremy, are the prizes just for the pro class or winners of all the classes? [/B]

yeah, will you be giving away tires in the ute class?haha.

boot46
06-01-2005, 08:14 PM
We are planning on giving one set to the AA guys and the others we are planing of having a lottery style give away so all classes will be eligible, even the utes Mel. We are also planing a "dash for cash" but the details are not finalized yet. Yes we did run the track at Thunder Ridge last year but I think they get away with calling it "natural terrain". You coming Wayne?

660bigdaddy
06-06-2005, 01:48 PM
what about when they run at unidilla? i'm sure the gncc series will use the mx course as part of the track. will they have an optional wnyoa lane to go around the jumps? lol.
i'm not sure if i'm racing sun yet jeremy. i'm trying to find someone to go to wv w/ me on sat. any takers?
i'm sure your race will be the best one of the year for quads.

boot46
06-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Not sure about the Unadilla thing. I am sure there will be no WNYOA specific lane. haha Thanks for the promo. Hope you can find a ride! Any of you d-6 guys or other series guys coming? Come give the d-4 guys a run for the money. Hoping for a great turnout! There will be a money payout along with the tires, if that entices anyone. Hope to see some of you there.

Anybody in?

gizmocor
06-06-2005, 03:21 PM
I will definitely do my best to get there, never no whats gonna happen at WV though..... I wish it was on a non GNCC weekend. The Doubleheaders are brutal on the machine!! I'll be sure to spread the word at WV if people are interested. Hope to see you Sunday. I expect it's going to be a great track!!

Oh, and tell Joe thanks for "kicking" a little extra money my way yesterday!! (he, he......, I'm sure I'll pay for that on Sunday)

Cory

MEL
06-06-2005, 06:24 PM
anybody know if their going to give points in the wnyoa series for the unadilla race?

boot46
06-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Yes, points will be given for the Unadilla race. It will all be determined by lap times though because riders could chose different classes such as Four stroke A or open A.

Cory, Good one about Joe! haha I think he is probably gonna help out this weekend though. Thanks for spreading the word in Wv. Good luck! Hopefully you and your dad can make it this weekend. Jeremy

NEPA250R
06-07-2005, 03:41 PM
I plan on being there. I raced this track in D6 last year and it was probably my favorite track. I'll be racing in the B class on a 250R.

exracer416
06-07-2005, 04:55 PM
is there gonna be enough parking space there???? I heard there wasnt much. Cant wait to race this one see if i can follow up on my b1 class win!!!! joe got a flat didnt he??? damn holeshots anyway maybe he should try MAXXIS and get a real tire j/k hope to see you guys there ill have the green 400ex therestop and say hi

boot46
06-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Yes there is plenty of parking and it is getting bigger everyday!. We have also added another field for this race. Hope you and Ryan can make it.

exracer416
06-08-2005, 05:57 AM
ill be there i dont know about ryan hes got some fixin to do his frame subfame are broke and his swingarm is cracked, he's hard on stuff

450r51
06-09-2005, 06:29 AM
well im not a xc racer but i do know that any d4 guy should win against any d6 guy. remember git er done at mapleshade!

gizmocor
06-09-2005, 08:01 AM
Aren't Borich & Smiley district 6 guys?!?!?!!:huh :huh :huh

NEPA250R
06-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by gizmocor
Aren't Borich & Smiley district 6 guys?!?!?!!:huh :huh :huh yes.

CBRSLIDER
06-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Jeremy,

Ray Milliard here. Long time no see. Nice to see you on here promoting the race. I had planned on coming over to make a slight jump out of retirement for a fun race but looks like shock problems are going to make me just a spectator. I'll look for you guys there.

Ray

boot46
06-11-2005, 05:42 AM
Good to hear from you Ray! You should come out of retirement. The shocks won"t be a big deal its not that rough. Hope you can make it over either way. It should be a great race. Hope some of the series and non series riders that saw this are coming too!

MEL
06-11-2005, 08:51 AM
jeremy, have you received any rain this week? or is this going to be another dust bowl?

quadtrash466
06-15-2005, 09:08 AM
any of you guys hittin up frozen ocean this sunday? at least this rain is kickin down the dust

660bigdaddy
06-15-2005, 01:03 PM
awesome track this weekend. great turnout and a little shower while the bikes ran made the conditions almost perfect. special thanks to the promotors. them boys worked hard all weekend and were all covered in mud and sweat at the end of the day. they deserve quad track of the year for their effort. great job.
here is a pic of the start of the AA class.

exracer416
06-15-2005, 01:19 PM
im not sure if i like the track or not its weird im a tweener i guess.
it was a fun track (i have to fix my lower a-arm shock mounts now) i did manage a 2nd in b1 class and 13th overall. i really liked the podium and such after the race the other promoters should take notice of this great job jeremy kyle and joe hope to see you next year.

also did anyone get any other pics?????

CBRSLIDER
06-15-2005, 03:39 PM
I got a ton of pics. I just have to figure out how to get them off my digital camera. The software is not working anymore. So once they are off I'll send some to the WNYOA site and maybe put some on here if Harlen doesn't have a problem with it.

Ray

MEL
06-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy

here is a pic of the start of the AA class.

if you would have kept all four tires on the ground you wouldn't have even been in the picture. you probly had a good 50 yard lead half way up the hill. good job to all that helped with the race this weekend, and i'm with wayne, this should be track of the year and hopefully we'll be back again next year.

660bigdaddy
06-16-2005, 03:32 PM
if you would have kept all four tires on the ground
2 is always faster than 4. i learned that when i raced karts. :D :D
anybody decide to go to wisp yet? my family and i are going. hope to see some wynoa racers there.

Booth440ex
06-17-2005, 10:27 AM
i'll be at frozen ocean quad A #116 trying to make up for a DNF after the chain piled up around the front sprocket.

gizmocor
06-17-2005, 05:16 PM
I will most likely be there, just not sure if I'll be racing yet.....should be great conditions with the rain we got this week!!!

Admin
06-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by CBRSLIDER
I got a ton of pics. I just have to figure out how to get them off my digital camera. The software is not working anymore. So once they are off I'll send some to the WNYOA site and maybe put some on here if Harlen doesn't have a problem with it.

Ray

I wish people would post more photos from District 4. I raced the Van Etton? event several times and really enjoyed racing there, and I hope to one day compete in another race up north.

Now lets see those photos

quadtrash466
06-18-2005, 08:07 AM
I'll have my girlfriend take pics of us quads...she got a few real nice pics of the starts at the last race. see u guys there.