gitrdoneredneck
05-29-2005, 03:50 PM
lookin to get a new quad... which one is better overall

gitrdoneredneck
05-29-2005, 03:54 PM
im 5'10 160 lbs

polaris bob
05-29-2005, 10:14 PM
They are all good quads. The one for you depends a lot on how you want to use it, what you money situation is and which one fits you the best.

Of the three the Honda has the oldest technology, motor wise and suspension. Not that this is a bad thing but it is a little dated as for what is now being offered out there on most other quads. Has the biggest aftermarket offerings going for it.

The z-400 has great ergo's and makes good power stock. Good after market support.

The predator has great power out of the box, good ergo's if you are on the larger size, has a lot of stock items that would be considered upgrades or mods on the other quads.
Has the least amount of aftermarket support. Vendors , while they are out there, are limited to a handful therefore you pay a little more for some items. But the market is growing bigger every day.

IMO the Predator would make the best choice for a great all around trail quad, if it fits you.

If you are going to be taking it to the MX track, look into a different quad. It can MX but is not the best first choice to do so with !

bman9
05-30-2005, 08:18 PM
after riding with a z that has the same mods as me, definatly pick the predator.

QuadJunkies
05-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Its all in what you want it for... Hae you roe all three yet?? That right there may make you chose easier.

The honda might be older technology, but is one of the most dependable quads out there still .Great trail machine too!Doesnt require all the maintence the newer liquid cooled quads do. You have the pros and Cons to all machines .....

The Predator is great with taller/bigger riders and has awesome stock suspention,power is awesome too

The Z is also another great machine,light weight.

Im sure any of those listed will make you a very happy rider :)

JLSLEP500
06-01-2005, 11:59 PM
I have a KFX400 and I just bought an LE pred. I won't even get on my KFX now. It's like night and day between the two of them. If your looking at a new quad go with the pred. you won't regret it. IF your buying a used one I would have to say go with a Z/KFX. You can pick up a nice used one for a decent price.