PDA

View Full Version : Going to Loretta Lynn's GNC race, is it worth?

Stock 400 rider
05-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Hey guys me and my boys want to go see a gnc race is the US.
We are from Argentina so that`s a long trip and a big investment.
I want to know if it`s a nice track, with big jumps and stuff like that.

I also want to know if in Hurricane Mills, TN they have nature issues like storms for example cause a friend of mine went to steel creek just to see the gncc and lost his trip cause of the storm, just the cost of the plane ticket was almost $1000.

Thanks.

Warnerade
05-29-2005, 02:02 PM
lorretta lynn's is a very nice track...refer to this link for 2 videos of the pro race last year.

http://********.com/race-reports/gnc/hurricanemills-04.htm

at the top click the "videos" button

Stock 400 rider
05-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks a lot dude, what about the location, do you know anything about it? (storms, etc)

Warnerade
05-29-2005, 02:14 PM
not sure, its located in Tenesee...im not sure about storms, but if its raining..they wont cancel a GNC

quadrcr161
05-29-2005, 02:38 PM
yes its worth it, the weather usually isnt too bad last year is was perfect. now back inthe day when the TT and MX final was there it was the best weekend of racing you could ask for.

FourFiftyFour
05-29-2005, 03:49 PM
it wont rain out.... heres me in moto 1 at lake whitney this yr........lol if they didnt rain that out then they wont rain out anything untill four wheelers start floating maybe!

raptor35086
05-29-2005, 06:20 PM
my friend went to the amatuer national last year for motocross....he said its out in the middle of no where...and about 100 miles from any time of civilization...hahaha...he said its a great track..they take care of it great....and there is big jumps...and also...dont swim in any of the ponds or creek....he said all the kids that did came out with major ear infections and head aches and stomachaches....something in the water...sorry if i freaked you out...just telling you wat he told me...just dont go in the water and you will be ok..haha....if i had the chance i would go

RedRacer44
05-29-2005, 06:41 PM
I went to Loretta Lynns GNC last year and it was my 1st MX national. It was awesome to say the least! All the people, vendors, and racers there.....its just like a big festival i guess? I had a lot of fun. The weather was perfect last year and the last few years from what I've heard its always nice, a little hot sometimes but nice.

The track was awesome, lots of good jumps. The Ten Commandments are just insane and its even more insane to watch the Pros fly through them! A lot of the big aftermarket companies usually show up too so there's some stuff to look at.

I'd say for your 1st GNC, you cant pick a better one to go to than Loretta Lynns. We're going this year again, 10 hour drive for us but well worth it :devil:

05-29-2005, 08:48 PM
i live about 30 miles from it and been there for last years GNC race and this recent GNCC race and both times weather was perfect...I'm going again this summer

bradley300
05-31-2005, 08:36 PM
if it is like years past it will be very hot and humid, i wouldnt worry about rain