PDA

View Full Version : 400ex v.s. 450r

mattbrown52
05-29-2005, 06:42 AM
My friends tell me i should get a 400ex, but i really want a 450r. they said that because i will probaly ride it every day and they said on a 450r you have to clean the air filter every ride and a bunch of other stuff, is it true, and on a 400ex u wouldn't. they also said u couldn't just jump on it and take riding it like you could a 400ex. so what sould i get?

kuba1506
05-29-2005, 06:55 AM
i just think your friends might be a little mad that you would have a quad that could keep up with them. j/k they are both good bikes its all preference on which one you want to get

2004exrider
05-29-2005, 07:52 AM
tell your friends to quit lying to you, just because its a 450 the airfilter gets dirtier faster? its gonna get dirty just as fast as any other quad. I dont see why you couldnt just jump on it and ride it my friend has had one since november and rides it all the time. but its all about preference, the 450 is way faster i think 40 hp, the 400 is a very dependable machine with great handling and puts out 28hp. either decision you make will be great anyways because your gettin a honda. good luck

Quad Dude
05-29-2005, 09:30 AM
if money was not the issue and i had a choice i would denfinaly get the R. I have a 400 with a very decent motor. pushing near 40hp and i get on my buddies stock r i love it just the way it revs so quick and it just flies. and he gets on his and rides he dont clean the filter every day or hardly ever that i know of. plus with that r i will barley beat me i top speed and off the line but thats cuz my tires suck and its stock ot my full blow modded motor. so if i were you id just on a new 450r and never look back.

ps. the 450 suspention is sweet. nice soft smooth ride