PDA

View Full Version : calling all connesiours

key4202003
05-28-2005, 02:11 PM
heh well i was woundering if you can tell by the serial numbers or other # what defects/flaws that the bike came with from the plant ie starter button, tranny gear 2 and 3rd, basically planed failure so i can replace the parts before they wear out ALSO what are some common parts that wear out on the 03 400EX is there some where i can look to find out what the #s mean atleast?? thanks josh

MadMax27
05-28-2005, 05:55 PM
:huh :huh

theTman
05-28-2005, 06:59 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc6.jpg

j753301
05-28-2005, 07:13 PM
dude i dont think you can preplan failures,the 400ex really is a stout and reliable quad.just do the normal maintinence and youll be fine....

key4202003
05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
if you dont know thats ok but dont act like its a dumb ques cause i know for a fact that manifactures send certin products from the plant that fail prematurley so that you will buy it from them to make money. so dont act all smart, cause i asked for a pro answer not a childish one. MY QUESTION IS WHAT DO THE SERIAL NUMBERS ON THE EX MEAN IE COLOR, BIKE PLANT AND SUCH...
thanks josh

bakeen
05-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Dude the 400EX is a HONDA ok? If you think your bike fails a lot and needs parts replaced on a regular basis I think you have your bike confused with a Yamaha. If I were you I'd have someone else confirm you really do have a Honda. If you do have a Honda you can rest easy that your bike is fine and won't break unless you abuse the hell out of it or are just plain stupid. On the other hand if you have a Yamaha, you have a very valid concern and should sell it imediatley (if you can find someone dumb enough to buy it from you) and get a Honda so you don't need to ask this question.

vinson581
05-30-2005, 03:44 PM
key4202003

you look like a idiot and you are the damn child, the companys dont do this you fool, if it breaks it breaks, but 400ex's are damn near bullet proof with proper matience, and so are YAMAHA warriors- what plant they came in determins there problems your a ****in idiot man, but however you did give me a good laugh!!!! i dont think your going to get a answer you like here because everyone here thinks your a bit wacked....

v581

key4202003
05-31-2005, 06:00 PM
well i didnt think that question was that far fetched i was curious if any one knew of a such thing? I just wanted a reply not a reply with an opinion. Bottomline...i want to know what the serial numbers mean. oh and just in case you didn't know... the warrrior is a ***** bike. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Stevie-D
05-31-2005, 07:20 PM
the warrrior is a ***** bike. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

:huh

the warrior is a decent quad. sure it's not what a racer needs, but for the average guy who wants a sporty quad to drive around, its not that bad.

and as far as your serial numbers go, im not quite sure. automotive serial numbers are coded to tell where it was made, the year, original color, etc...
i'd assume that it would be the same idea on a 400.
your comment about preplanned failures does not make sense. in theory it would seem smart for manufacturers to make certain parts weak so they break and will need to be replaced by the manufacturer. but in reality, a quad would not sell very well if nearly everyone was having the same problems. sales on new machines would go down the ****ter. worst case senario, they would be forced to recall the part. all of this hassle would not be worth the money made off of replacement parts; nor would it be very honest.

i hope that this was not a childlike answer to your question:devil:

greg_gorrell
05-31-2005, 09:25 PM
yeah man, it would most likely be unlawful to sell a quad with knowingly defective parts. thats why there are recalls and ****. and by the way, i did see something once about decoding the serial numbers on the 400ex but i dont think your going to be getting the kind of information you are looking for out of them.

400exracer511
06-01-2005, 09:27 PM
go to the "articles" section on this site, at the bottom there is somthin about decoding the vin number on a ex that might be what your lookin for

prepracing
06-01-2005, 09:33 PM
here's a thought...... call honda and ask them !

key4202003
06-03-2005, 05:34 PM
thanks for the justified reply and not a stab a eachothers knowledge its nice to read and relate to the posts and get info not make fun. i wonder if diferent 400's came with inovative parts to test duribility to get response for r&d

greg_gorrell
06-03-2005, 07:04 PM
go to the "articles" section on this site, at the bottom there is somthin about decoding the vin number on a ex that might be what your lookin for

Thats what i was looking at...

416HiRoller
06-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Buy a couple of oil filters, some oil, chain lube and some spark plugs (not too often you will have to change), and with all that you should be fine. The 400ex's aren't defective like they said, but it is good to keep the oil changed and the chain lubed. Man some of you guys aren't that welcoming. He just wanted to know some simple stuff. But I don't know what the serial numbers mean. I don't think you really need to know but I know honda could explain it to you if you wanted to find out.

Dustin