PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! NEED HELP!400ex decomp. spring is stuck!!!

flattracker4389
05-28-2005, 01:58 PM
I jus got my valve seals replaced and i came home and put my head on the cylinder. I put the spring into the little hole and then pushed the plunger in. There's no bouncing motion of the plunger on the spring. What could i used to get the spring out. I used plyers to pull the plunger out. I cant reach the spring with anything. is it necessary to used the decompression mechanism with a stock cam? i have heard that it is just used for easier starting. Any help woould be appreciated.

-Sean-

05-28-2005, 02:37 PM
this is what you do..

You get a paper clip, and a pair of needle nose pliars, you bend the paper clip in a way that it looks like a J but with the hook part closed up.. stick it in the hole.. if it doesnt fit, squeeze it some more, until it fits.. push it into the hole, and then push the side with the hook part towards the wall of the decompressor hole and pull the spring out.. It may take a few times, but thats how i got mine out after scratching my head for about 5 minutes..

Its fairly easy to do..

Jesse

jhr400EX
05-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Just get a fairly strong magnet and it will pull it right out of the head.

flattracker4389
05-28-2005, 11:52 PM
the magnet wouldnt work because it was stuck in there pretty good, but thanks anyway. i got it out about 20 minutes after i posted this by taking a screw (luckily i had one the perfect size) and threading it into the spring, and then i jus pulled it out. i guess there was dirt in there or somthin but i cleaned the hole and put some oil in it and everything went in as it should. thanks for all the help guys, appreciate having people here like yall.

-sean-