PDA

View Full Version : Rev Limiter Problem?

DeerNuts
05-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Well, Im not exactly sure what the problem is, but my 400ex is not revving as high as it should be.

Just the other day I replaced the piston rings because the bike was burning a little bit of oil. Well, that problem is solved, and now Ive got another one:rolleyes:

The bike started up fine after reassembly, and I noticed no starting issues. I went for a ride, and it simply will not rev out. Im not sure if the limiter is kicking in, but it's just not revving out, so my speed/acceleration is obviously limited.
Ive ruled out pretty much the CDI being messed up (not sure if that would even cause the problem). Everthing was lined up correctly, engine was at TDC. Maybe the timing is somehow messed up:confused: I'd guess that there is a bad ground possibly, but the reason Im confused is that I didnt fool with the electrical system at all before tearing the motor apart, and now Im having trouble with it:confused:

I guess this will be easily solved, but since I really dont know what the problem is, I appreciate any suggestions:)

2004exrider
05-28-2005, 07:49 PM
hmmmm. hows the jetting

DeerNuts
05-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Jetting is fine.

BTW, I fixed the problem. I really had no need to make a thread as it turned out. The timing was off one tooth. Problem solved.

I guess I need to think more before I post:ermm: :o

2004exrider
05-30-2005, 08:50 AM
thats good at least you found out.