PDA

View Full Version : Dropped in a lake!

nickt5174
05-22-2002, 05:18 PM
Riding near a lake the other day I did not noticed the sudden drop off that was 20 feet deep. to make a long story short fliped the bike over and it was floating upside down in the water for about 5 min. until i could flip it over and drag it back to shore. As you could guess my 2001 400ex does not start. The air box was full of water as was the crank case and the cylinder. I got all the water out of the bike as well as changed the oil but now the bike will not start. I am sure that it is something with the electrical system. I hooked up a new battery but it would not turn over and the green neutral light will not turn on (in neutral of course). There wouldn't be a fuse that is blown that I am missing? Any help or suggestions from anybody would be greatly appriciated

thanks

honda400zx
05-22-2002, 05:36 PM
how do you no its not a fuse
i sunk my quad too
and the fuse whoulnt let the green light turn or the engine turn over check it theres a spare in there

nickt5174
05-22-2002, 05:55 PM
Where exactly is the fuse on the quad? Thanks for the reply

05-22-2002, 06:00 PM
not positive but i think its under the seat on the 400ex in a grayish white box. I THINK dont get mad if im wrong but that might be a start

honda400zx
05-22-2002, 06:16 PM
its by the battery iys about 1 inch by 1 inch and you can pop tthe cover off to check a fuse you hold it up to light and look in the middle if the curved metel peice is broke its no good (like a light bulb) hope this helps:D