PDA

View Full Version : Got my quad all ready for Haspin on Sunday...

Screamin440
05-28-2005, 08:56 AM
I spent two days getting this thing prepped for Haspin, I cleaned it all up, polished all of the chrome, got some of the plastic put back in place, etc etc. Except for the slight crack in the headlight plastic you couldn't tell anything was wrong with it.

So I'm unloading it at my friend's house off of my flatbed and I take it out of gear to roll it backwards. I didn't take into account that I parked on an incline. When I put it in neutral I looked back for something and it took off. It rolled out pretty smoothly until the skidplate got ahold of my receiver hitch. When it got onto the hitch, it flipped the quad over onto it's top. My headlight plastic is completely fubared now and it smashed my headlight/kill switch/ starter assembly. Luckily the only thing that's really affected is the headlight on/off switch considering it's destroyed.

*sigh*... Oh well, it runs like a raped ape now that I changed the plug and cleaned the K&N

**edit** I forgot to mention that this was off of my 76 K20 that's lifted with 33s. Yeah, it fell about 4 feet. :(

TORO1968
05-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Ouch.

I guess now you won't have to worry so much about messing it up while riding... ;)

jesshamner
05-28-2005, 09:42 AM
Just look at it this way. If you didn't screw it up up before you got there, the Haspin mud and rough course would have. Racing at Haspin does a number on quads.