PDA

View Full Version : Need to decide on a Cam, Quick...?

JhallettEX
05-22-2002, 04:46 PM
OK well I have been waiting for the HOT CAMS stage 2 but it is know going to take to long to get it. I am needing to decide on another here quick. I want a straight drop-in cam. I know this question has been asked 100 times on here and I am sorry. Does anyone use the GT Thunder cam and how about the WB Track cam. Thanks

Dave400ex
05-22-2002, 04:58 PM
My Vote is the TC MX Cam. It`s made for the Stuff you Race in and is a Straight Drop-In.

Blackguywithouta400
05-22-2002, 05:02 PM
HRC copy from Xrs only

JhallettEX
05-22-2002, 05:08 PM
What do you know about this cam? Is it any better than the GT or the WB?

Hoodeye3
05-22-2002, 09:36 PM
Jhallet did you get another set back date on the Hot Cams if so when approx?

05-22-2002, 11:18 PM
Does anyone use the GT Thunder cam and how about the WB Track cam. Thanks

OOPS there the same cam, or at least from what I have been told.

You may want to try the web 450/451 as its the same also.

I would just wait out the hot cam. Oh know what I am waiting them out. I hear they were pushed out to first week of june, but who knows as they just keep pushing the delivery out.

does anyone have specs on the xr only cams???

dhines
05-23-2002, 06:10 AM
I just got through taking a GT Thunder cam out of my machine. I ran it for about 3 weeks and decided I really didn't like the changes it made. The power gains were impressive in the mid and top ends but there was enough of a loss on the bottom end to where I had to work the clutch when riding tighter, slower trails. Both of my cousins rode it and loved it but they really like to work the clutch anyway. If you're looking for a great MX mod or if you don't mind having to keep those RPM's up in the more technical stuff, the GT Thunder is for you.

Best,

Dennis

crashinmatt
05-23-2002, 08:48 PM
yeah, i was also thinking about gettin the hot cams stage 2 cam. but, i decided to get the WB track cam when i heard the wait. i was told first part of june. the problem is i just got my engine back together with the WB cam in it and forgot to buy oil. ive been pretty busy with work and havent been able to get to the local shop to get any. bummer