PDA

View Full Version : Front Sprocket Installation Question...?

JhallettEX
05-22-2002, 04:25 PM
I took off my front sprocket last night to get the engine area all nice and clean. The problem now is that the front sprocket is loose since I put it back on. It can now wiggle around slightly, I didnt think it did this before. Anyways I also ran into another problem, my dam stock case saver will not line up with the hole so I can't put this on. Am I missing something here? Thanks for the help

Leo
05-22-2002, 04:33 PM
both my stock 15 tooth, and Renthal 14 tooth front sprockets have a slight amount of play on the countershaft.. it's been like that since it was brand new..

as far as your case saver goes ? don't know.. It should fit even if you somehow managed to get the sprocket on backwards (stock sprockets are stamped "outside" or something to that effect)..

Leo

05-22-2002, 04:35 PM
i havent rode with a case saver in like a year.
the only problem is that i would crack the case if my chain ever broke. its ok that the front sprocket wobbles a little, mine did too when i put a bigger size on. just try it tighten it more

05-22-2002, 04:40 PM
how much is a renthal 14 tooth sprocket and where can you get them?

Are they in Rocky mountain atv,

or can you get them at your local honda shop?

05-23-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by 400exj
how much is a renthal 14 tooth sprocket and where can you get them?

I got just a generic 14 tooth sprocket for mine from rocky mountain atv for like $7.