PDA

View Full Version : Barnett clutch kit 450r

Husker440ex
05-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Alright gear heads. I'm fixing to tear into my 450r to replace the clutch fibers and steels. I have a fresh out the box barnett clutch kit. the problem it that when i slid all the steels and fibers in the last fiber doesn't want to sit in the basket. I noticed that their are a set of what i would call spacers on the inside of the clutch baskets (two small rings). Do I need to take one or both out to make this work? the directions on this kit are not idiot proof! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

chad502ex
05-27-2005, 07:57 PM
those two rings are called the judder and spring seat. Street bike engines use those to allow the clutch to slip a bit and feel smooth off idle and low end. i removed them and installed another fiber and Barnett springs.

holds 60hp with no clutch issues yet.

hope this helps.

chad502ex.com

Hammer trx450r
05-28-2005, 05:41 AM
Rekluse also suggests u take them out and replace with regular fiber also.

Hey chad i wonder what your basket looks like at 60 hp because i shredded one already, and im at stock bore.

Husker440ex
05-28-2005, 06:08 AM
Thanks guys. I've got it back together and it works fine.

chad502ex
05-28-2005, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
Rekluse also suggests u take them out and replace with regular fiber also.

Hey chad i wonder what your basket looks like at 60 hp because i shredded one already, and im at stock bore.

a-o-k.

shamisc
05-29-2005, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Husker440ex
Thanks guys. I've got it back together and it works fine.

So, did you just take out the judder and seat? or Did you add another fiber or does Barnett send it out with the intention of you removing the judder and seat?:confused: My buddy's 450 need a clutch bad and I'm trying to figure out which way to go! Thanks for your input!

Husker440ex
05-30-2005, 05:55 PM
I ended up leaving everything in. I must of had one of the fibers or steels hung up on the first attempt. The second time around everything fit fine. In hind site it was pretty easy. I'm not much of a mechanic and just kind of wondered what to do. It's all back together and works better than ever.

schulte_85
05-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Don't buy a Tusk. They are junk. I went with oem plates and took out the judder thing and it works great.