PDA

View Full Version : What can i do now?

400exrules
05-27-2005, 03:46 PM
I just bought some ims footpegs about a week and a half ago off ebay and they just came today. On the ebay Add it said it fits z400, yfz450, 400ex, kfx400..but i took the stock footpegs off my 400ex and tried to put these new roll design on and the holes on the pegs are too far apart, they dont line up with the holes on the frame. What should i do now? I e-mailed the guy, asking him if i can get my money back but he hasnt replied yet. If he wont let me get my money back, can i just drill out one of the holes? They are about 3/4 of a hole too wide, my dad said he could prob drill it out some more so it would fit.

What do you guys think?

Mxjunkie
05-27-2005, 03:48 PM
I'd just do what your dad said and drill the hole out some so it will fit, no biggie ;)

400exrules
05-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I'd just do what your dad said and drill the hole out some so it will fit, no biggie ;)

They wont crack or anything do u think? And im thinkin this peg came off a z400, cuz he said he was parting out his whole bike, but i think it was a z400 im not sure cuz the add says it fits a 400ex too. So if this was made for a z400, wuts the difference in one for a 400ex? Would the peg be any different or is it just the mounting bracket?

Mxjunkie
05-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Pretty sure it wont crack :)

05-27-2005, 04:00 PM
report him to ebay for a mis-represented item, if he doesnt give u the money back, they will take it into their own hands and just take it out of his credit card and into ur account. And u get to keep the pegs if u get the final value credit thing ;)

YFZ450Ridr
05-27-2005, 04:01 PM
if you use paypal isnt your money protected threw that?

400exrules
05-27-2005, 04:04 PM
yah i used paypal, and ive only used it like twice before

400exrules
05-27-2005, 08:22 PM
The guy seems to be ignoring, or avoiding me now....i emailed him twice earlier today and he hasnt responded, yet he responded to my other emails before in an hour or so.

Should i report him to ebay or just drill out the holes and go on with it. Maybe i should just order some pegs for a 400ex so they fit right, and try to sell these

crday98
05-27-2005, 08:39 PM
for starters, you said you just got them today yet you expect for him to reply to your email almost instantly?
just a fyi, not everyone sits at the computer 24-7. it is the holiday weekend and it is possible that he is away on vacation, has other things to do or has a job that he is currently at. it seems like you're ready to jump the gun and report him to ebay or try getting your money back by other means via paypal,etc yet you haven't even given the guy a chance to get back to you. wait it out until about mid next week, if he doesn't respond by then or does but is not willing to give you a full refund, then you should go about getting your money back through ebay or paypal.

sorry if this sounds harsh but it is impatient people like you that give ebay a bad name. you haven't even given him 24 hours to respond and you're asking if you should report him?:rolleyes:

05-27-2005, 09:10 PM
you have to wait 7-10 days after the end of the auction to ***** to ebay, i wasnt saying to do that right away, he said he was new to it so i just thought i would share with him his options if the guy didnt respond

400exrules
05-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by crday98
for starters, you said you just got them today yet you expect for him to reply to your email almost instantly?
just a fyi, not everyone sits at the computer 24-7. it is the holiday weekend and it is possible that he is away on vacation, has other things to do or has a job that he is currently at. it seems like you're ready to jump the gun and report him to ebay or try getting your money back by other means via paypal,etc yet you haven't even given the guy a chance to get back to you. wait it out until about mid next week, if he doesn't respond by then or does but is not willing to give you a full refund, then you should go about getting your money back through ebay or paypal.

sorry if this sounds harsh but it is impatient people like you that give ebay a bad name. you haven't even given him 24 hours to respond and you're asking if you should report him?:rolleyes:

well when i got the parts early today i sent him an email saying thanks for doin business, blah blah blah and that i got them and was gonna leave him some positive feedback, and he replied like 30 minutes later saying your welcome and that he has more parts for sale if i need anything else. So i figured he was checking his email regularly since he has so many parts he's selling, and many ppl emailing him etc.

Mxjunkie
05-27-2005, 09:12 PM
I'd just make the hole larger so it will bolt on and be done with it. :ermm:

05-27-2005, 09:30 PM
DONT MAKE THE HOLE BIGGER WITH A DRILL BIT.

there is a better way!!!

do you have a dremel. or metal file. if so...

the dremel with a sand paper or grinding wheel on the tip is the best. just take the hole and oval it in the direction you need. that way it dont weaken spots that you dont event need to be drilled.

I would use a die grinder with a carbide bit, but I dont know how many ppl have one.

or maby the same size bit as the hole. then run the bit into the hole and put some pressure on the bit in the direction you want bigger.( to make the hole oval)

400exrules
05-27-2005, 09:53 PM
my dad has a dremel, he's self-employed and does home repairs and stuff so im sure hes got the right bits

Punk'd
05-28-2005, 02:47 PM
I wouldnt risk drilling id try and get my money back and buy diffrent pegs from a diffrent guy or store..

Ex'In_Alberta
05-28-2005, 04:57 PM
die grinder and sand mounted point........very low heat from friction but very quick way to hone things out, use em aot at my shop, doesnt weaken metal

05-28-2005, 10:49 PM
or ask him what else he has for sale, maybe he has the right pegs and will let u trade them in for the right ones

huffdaddy_400EX
05-29-2005, 01:57 AM
Just curious but who was the seller?

I purchased some IMS pegs and heel guards from ebay and they were the wrong size too. I contacted the guy and sent them back, but he never sent my $$$. It took 4 1/2 months going through the paypal to get my $$$. What a pain!

huffdaddy_400EX
05-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by huffdaddy_400EX
Just curious but who was the seller?

I purchased some IMS pegs and heel guards from ebay and they were the wrong size too. I contacted the guy and sent them back, but he never sent my $$$. It took 4 1/2 months going through the paypal to get my $$$. What a pain!

The seller that I had the issue with was "motomahimahi"

400exrules
05-30-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by huffdaddy_400EX
The seller that I had the issue with was "motomahimahi"

thx for tellin me, i almost got some heelgaurds from him

this guy is like rjfireguy or somethin

05-31-2005, 05:34 AM
damn it, I just bought a kill switch from him. :mad: