PDA

View Full Version : ~~final Roll Call for Duntopia group ride~~

QuadJunkies
05-27-2005, 11:23 AM
the dunetopia thread was getting pretty big so I thought I would start a fresh thread on the topic to get a roll call .

This will mark the 3rd annual Dunetopia Group ride. the Last two years have been a TON of fun!! I have met some very cool people and look forward to meeting more this year.

Seems like the group has shrunk ALOT for this year... :ermm: We personally didnt think we could make this trip until this week .(YAY!)

Dates again are June 17th (Fathers Day wk end.)

Many are just going up for the wk end ,then others are staying for the whole week.

We will be camping at Lake Egin . We should show up sometime around 7-9 pm Friday night and leave first thing Mon. morning unless something changes to where we can stay longer.

Id like to get some video and picturess of all the group to post as well.

wilkin250r
05-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Shrunk, huh? That's no fun.

Next year has to be big! I'm going to make it next year, I've got a whole year to plan for it.

I better get started. Now where's that wrench...

QuadJunkies
05-27-2005, 12:31 PM
well, between the other websites we should still have somehwere around 100 riders of more going :eek: but I was hoping to meet up with more Atvider members :( Now had I known I would have been making the trip afterall, maybe Harlen would have been able to still come!

wilkin250r
05-27-2005, 12:44 PM
We've got to get a few members from back east to go. Some of them have never ridden sand, a terrible shame.

I've got an extra quad, maybe I'll start throwing a few hop-ups into it over this next year in case anybody from back east wants to fly out, we'll have an extra machine. It may not be the fastest, but it would sure beat sittin in camp.

Sandgod4
05-29-2005, 05:03 PM
I have put together a ride for Cannondalers. We will be there the 15th-18th w/ many leaving for the two day drive home on the 17th.. Should be at least a dozen Dales at the peak on the 17th.. We are starting our ride at LS, Utah earlier in that week.

RSO660R
05-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
well, between the other websites we should still have somehwere around 100 riders of more going :eek:

Do you happen to have a head count breakdown between the websites?

QuadJunkies
05-29-2005, 11:23 PM
I dont, but I do know the Atv Compound has a HUUUGGGE group this year going they make up a large majority of them. We had a fairly good sized groupat one time going , I always say if 50 say they will show, plan on 25 :p It didnt help matters that we had our trip fall threw then found out this pat week that plans changed so that we could still go .:ermm:
Last two years head counts have been 25 -30 riders roughly and that was not counting a few we never did get a chance to catch up with .

I know locally we have roughly 20 going along with all the others, should still make a good trip :)

RSO660R
05-30-2005, 10:44 AM
I dont, but I do know the Atv Compound has a HUUUGGGE group this year going they make up a large majority of them. I always say if 50 say they will show, plan on 25 :p

The Compound is a very different club. When those members say they will be there you can count on it. Yeah it will pretty much leave people in awe.

:eek2:
This after all is our Idaho Invasion....:D

kgbg
06-01-2005, 04:31 PM
The Compound is rolling in DEEP!
We will basically have Oasis as our Compound!
There will be over 100 just from our group.
As far as roll call:
HERE!
I will be there on Sat. June 18th early AM, until Wednesday 22nd AM.
Tuesday is our big group dinner, rides ect. Many are arriving for the first part of the week, and some for the latter half, but everyone will be there on Tuesday.

Got nads?
06-01-2005, 06:48 PM
We gonna be there from th 13th to th 17th!:D

QuadJunkies
06-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by kgbg
The Compound is rolling in DEEP!
We will basically have Oasis as our Compound!
There will be over 100 just from our group.
As far as roll call:
HERE!
I will be there on Sat. June 18th early AM, until Wednesday 22nd AM.
Tuesday is our big group dinner, rides ect. Many are arriving for the first part of the week, and some for the latter half, but everyone will be there on Tuesday. wheres your group having there meeting spot?? We would like to meet up with you all on Sat. I wonder how many riders want to go straight to choke :D

Got Nads, have a good trip and ride safe! Looks like we will just be missing you all ;)

QuadJunkies
06-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by RSO660R
The Compound is a very different club. When those members say they will be there you can count on it. Yeah it will pretty much leave people in awe.

:eek2:
This after all is our Idaho Invasion....:D So , do you have alot of female riders making this trip?? Kids ??? I forsee some sweet picture taking , Im gonna reserve Monday for most of mine .... -

kgbg
06-02-2005, 08:42 AM
We are all staying at Oasis, so I imagine we will meet up there. But we will pretty much drive past BLM to get to anything good, so look for a BIG group of quads.
I think that just about everyone coming from the Pound will have either their wife, girlfreind, and or daughters(s) there.
I will have my wife there.

thomps6s
06-02-2005, 09:14 AM
I posted a movie from our April 2005 trip in the dunes forum. If you haven't been to St. Anthony this will give you an idea of what fun you are in store for. Also I posted a ton of pictures from our trip there in April. Check em out. It will only pump you up more before you go there. I am so jealous I haven't had fun on my wheeler since we got back from there.

VIDEO - http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164543

Pics - http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154162&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

QuadJunkies
06-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by thomps6s
I posted a movie from our April 2005 trip in the dunes forum. If you haven't been to St. Anthony this will give you an idea of what fun you are in store for. Also I posted a ton of pictures from our trip there in April. Check em out. It will only pump you up more before you go there. I am so jealous I haven't had fun on my wheeler since we got back from there.

VIDEO - http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164543

Pics - http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154162&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I can NEVER figure out how to watch vids on that site.... This is our fourth time up, we simply LOVE it!:blah:

thomps6s
06-02-2005, 10:03 AM
QJ, Use this account
UN - atvridersdotcom@yahoo.com
PW - 111111

You will be able to download it or watch it after you log in with the above UN and PW>

QuadJunkies
06-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Thanks! thats a HUGE FILE !!! :eek2:

thomps6s
06-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Well it was 18 minutes and I had to cut out all unnecessary parts. That was the smallest I could make the file. I guess I could take more scenes out but it downloads fairly quick on highspeed.

The sad thing is we were there for 5 days and all we got was 18 minutes of video. LOL no one wanted to carry the video camera.

QuadJunkies
06-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by thomps6s
Well it was 18 minutes and I had to cut out all unnecessary parts. That was the smallest I could make the file. I guess I could take more scenes out but it downloads fairly quick on highspeed.

The sad thing is we were there for 5 days and all we got was 18 minutes of video. LOL no one wanted to carry the video camera. I have 1000K and its still loading....... :huh actually, I went to see and hits not loading properly for some reason... well.. I tried!! :p

thomps6s
06-02-2005, 10:42 AM
I think I will make like a 2 minute clip or something allot smaller.

YZ400EX
06-09-2005, 02:10 AM
Man I wish I could go!!! I have my YZ quad all done and ready, but the 300ex still isnt ready yet which sucks..I dont wanna go and leave the wife behind because she loves to ride as much as I do..Well hope everyone has fun..be safe..

QuadJunkies
06-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
Man I wish I could go!!! I have my YZ quad all done and ready, but the 300ex still isnt ready yet which sucks..I dont wanna go and leave the wife behind because she loves to ride as much as I do..Well hope everyone has fun..be safe.. AWWWWW.... You were SUPPOSED to meet up this time!!! :( Cant you borrow a quad for the wk end?? IF I had one extra I would lend her one ;)

Idaho_Outlaw
06-09-2005, 10:53 AM
I'll be there evening of the 16th until sunday afternoon .
Looking forward to meeting up with everyone .

Norm Crume, Casey Carpenter, and Karl Shrum will also be there . Weere staying in the BLM lot hopefully .
Norms bringing his 910 hill shooter . He hit 75 mph up choke on Memorial day . So he's need 76 this time .
See you soon

QuadJunkies
06-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Idaho_Outlaw
I'll be there evening of the 16th until sunday afternoon .
Looking forward to meeting up with everyone .

Norm Crume, Casey Carpenter, and Karl Shrum will also be there . Weere staying in the BLM lot hopefully .
Norms bringing his 910 hill shooter . He hit 75 mph up choke on Memorial day . So he's need 76 this time .
See you soon Outlaw, have I met Casey before?? Ive never rode w/ Karl so this should be fun!

For those who dont it ,the Bad@$$ quad outlaw refers to is the one in Alticitys video .. .....that thing Hauls ARSE! :macho

Should make for some more good video coverage..... :devil:

We leave on Fri. Im wondering, should I post another sing and stick to the Gazebo so that other riders know where we are camped? This worked good last year .

YZ400EX
06-09-2005, 05:42 PM
AWWWWW.... You were SUPPOSED to meet up this time!!! :( Cant you borrow a quad for the wk end?? IF I had one extra I would lend her one ;)

Well we may still be able to I guess just the 300wont be like I wanted, but we might just have to make due with what we have right now..Hoping for some parts to come in by then..if they do we are coming..:D She deosnt want to bring the Bayou out to those dunes..:)

QuadJunkies
06-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
Well we may still be able to I guess just the 300wont be like I wanted, but we might just have to make due with what we have right now..Hoping for some parts to come in by then..if they do we are coming..:D She deosnt want to bring the Bayou out to those dunes..:) sweet!!

Im tellin ya............ if it meant me going or not going....

I would rather ride my freinds Ghetto 90 than not ride at all!!!!!! :eek: :o :p LOL!!!

YZ400EX
06-10-2005, 01:32 AM
I dont know..I think that Ghetto 90 probably dies better then the Bayou in the dunes..hahaha..:D We are still seeing whats going on, but we might be able to make it..we will deifnately keep our fingers crossed..

QuadJunkies
06-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Ill post the quads so everyone knows what were riding....

QuadJunkies
06-11-2005, 04:41 PM

QuadJunkies
06-11-2005, 04:42 PM
:D

chad400ex
06-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Here's another one that'll be there representing NW Quadriders ATV Club and the ATV Compound. There are almost 100 people on the Roll Call topic that was started today. JOEX will be camped over with us and caravanning over with us early on the morning of the 18th...we hope to be there about dinner time on Saturday.

The Compound members will be easy to spot, most (if not all of us have club flags) They are orange "flame" flags with the club logo on them.

There will be lots of wive's/kids in our group as well.

QuadJunkies
06-12-2005, 12:50 AM
they got a nice size group this year!! Im looking forward to meeting some of the group, they all seem like a blast to ride with! :p
Chad, will be nice to meet you this year as well ;)

QuadJunkies
06-12-2005, 02:49 PM
looks like MAYBE only one day in question for rain so far... But Idaho weather can change pretty fast!! heres what it shows so far.......

Fri
Jun 17 Partly Cloudy
77°/49° 20%
77 °F

Sat
Jun 18 Partly Cloudy
73°/44° 20%
73 °F

Sun
Jun 19 Isolated T-Storms
72°/45° 30%
72 °F

Mon
Jun 20 Mostly Sunny
70°/42° 0%
70 °F

Tue
Jun 21 Partly Cloudy
69°/43° 0%

YZ400EX
06-12-2005, 07:13 PM
yea the weather here sucks...was supposed to be nice all weekend with a chance of rain on Friday..got there friday and it was nice and it rained like no other Saturday and Sunday..needless to say made for a bad camping trip..:(

QuadJunkies
06-12-2005, 08:57 PM
we had locals racing in Idaho Falls today for State Series, wonder if it was a slop out there for them, they are also hitting up the dunes this wk end I think after the races..... :eek2:

YZ400EX
06-12-2005, 09:13 PM
we had locals racing in Idaho Falls today for State Series, wonder if it was a slop out there for them, they are also hitting up the dunes this wk end I think after the races..... :eek2:

It probably wasnt too bad..We camped about 30 miles from I.F and it seemed to only rain in the Mountains where we were..it sucked..I bet the dunes would be nice!!!:D

Natertot426ex
06-13-2005, 10:59 AM
I sure wish I was able to make it this year!! I will miss you all. THis is the first year I've missed:(

predatorkick@$$
06-21-2005, 08:47 PM
COME ON TINA WE NEED PICS!LOL

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by predatorkick@$$
COME ON TINA WE NEED PICS!LOL

And you dont think Im not working on that yet!!!!!!!!!:D Ill have full coverage here shortly , Ill link it here in a bit :)

BTW, where the heck did you go??? We had a nice time , thanks for the site seeing and good riding!

predatorkick@$$
06-21-2005, 08:59 PM
I know you are just seen few of the videos of yours!!

I went and got something too eat and then went too oasis to talk to some few people from the compound and end up being there till 11:00 watching video on the side of a enclosed trailer!!
Sorry was going to try and make it out again on monday but worked too late!!

Was defintly a good time on sunday though!!