PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Shroud mounts???

stever250r
05-27-2005, 07:22 AM
Im trying to figure out what the radiator shrouds lower mount bolts to on a 87 Frame? Can someone send me a close up picture or a part number for a mount? The microfiche does not show the upper or the lower mounts.

I noticed on the 88 frame that it is just tapped into the frame.

I have not mount locations at all... Just trying to figure out what I should do. Drill and tap, fabricate mounts... or try to locate the OEM mounts. Does anyone have any????

velocityatv
05-27-2005, 12:15 PM
THERE ARE NUTS JUST TAK WELDED TO THE FRAMES FOR THE LOWER MOUNTS. THE TOP MOUNTS ARE ABOUT AN 1-1/2" LONG AND ARE WELDED TO THE TOP HORIZONTAL TUBES IMMEDIATLY BEFORE THEY TURN DOWNWARDS AND HAVE A NUT TACKED IN THEM ALSO. NOTHING SPECIAL JUST MAKE SURE TO GET GOOD WELDS THAT WAY THEY DON'T VIBE OFF.

JTRtrx250r
05-28-2005, 05:42 AM
they mount just like any other yrs, 86 used seperate clamps for the uppers and the lowers are all the same

Or

is yours aftermarket?

stever250r
05-28-2005, 06:45 AM
I found a set of the upper mounts on ebay. Bought them for 12.00.

I have a stock 87 frame that was modified and gusseted by Mike Walsh. The lower shroud mounts are no longer there.

Tak welding a nut for the lower mounts seem easy enough.

Should I drill the frame to allow for the bolt.... or just use one short enough so it does not bottom out on the frame?

JTRtrx250r
05-28-2005, 08:09 AM
maybe try using a small "L" bracket so you can drill a hole and weld the nut on the back, it'd be better and might look more stock

Good luck w/ it man;)