PDA

View Full Version : Help on lawsuit

TheX1992
05-27-2005, 06:43 AM
I'll tell you guys the story so we are each on the same page. My little brother is mentally retarded. He has Autism, but it is very minor, so it really isn't too bad besides for his speech and acedemics. Well seeing as he is the 'slow' kid, he gets the daylights beat out of him on just about a daily basis. My mother works at the middle school where he goes to school. She has gone to his prinicipal with dates, times, who did it, and showed her the bruises and damages it caused my brother, but the principal takes it on herself to ask the bully herself.

Each time, she comes back and says in a very AVON lady salesmens voice, "Well, I just got done talking to (insert bully's name here), and he told me (insert lie here). I think I believe him. I don't know what your son's problem is, but (bully's name) is telling the truth." So she has called my brother a liar to our faces countless times. He is not going to school for the rest of the year simply because he is scared to.

I am wondering, is there any type of lawsuit that we can bring upon this principal? I was thinking along the lines of not keeping my brother safe in school, taking the side of the other person when we have all this proof that my brother is innocent, or whatever. Does anyone have any ideas? She is not fit to be a principal in a school, let alone a janitor. She needs to be out before this continues!

250R-Dee
05-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Contact the Board of Education for your area. Are there any other students who can serve as a witness for your brother?

initall
05-27-2005, 06:57 AM
I hate that when peole that are mentally retarded or have some sort of problem like that, get picked on, that pissed me off

That really pisses me off.

Just get a couple of guys and beat the living hell out of him.
--- to bad that can't be done anymore these days----

Anyway I would get a lawyer, the school has to provide a safe envoirment for the kids.

effective
05-27-2005, 06:57 AM
Why dont you try talkin to the kids that are bullyin your brother...? Maybe not during schooltime, theyll prolly take it more seriously that way.

TheX1992
05-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by effective
Why dont you try talkin to the kids that are bullyin your brother...? Maybe not during schooltime, theyll prolly take it more seriously that way.

We did manage to get one suspended for a couple of days, but that only made manners worse. These kids retalliate every time I talk to them.

"Why did you tell your brother we were doing this???!?" *SMACK*

We are having him lifting weights and taking boxing lessons to help defend himself next year. He is starting to fight back now. He recently took a trip to the Twin Cties to watch a TWINS game. The whole bus ride back a kid was hitting him with a baseball bat (plastic) until my brother turned around and kicked him in the chest as hard as he could.

effective
05-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Yeah if you can get him to defend himself, theyll prolly back off and look for some else to pick on.. Just work on building up his confidence and see how it goes.
Im thinkin another way would be is to get your brother and them kids and yourself and meet togther after school or somethin and talk it out between you people.

lilwitting
05-27-2005, 07:54 AM
get the kids names that hit your bro and open a can of woop-*** on them

Alberta_Qaudin
05-27-2005, 08:15 AM
we had a guy in highschool who used to complain about gettin beat up all the time, and the principal did the same thing, shrugged it off as him starting it ect. the kid ended up in the hospital and the principal ended up unemployed, school board ended up with a $100,000 law suit, and the kid who did it landed in the bed becide him......pay backs a b**** but it always comes around

bansheeguy77
05-27-2005, 08:15 AM
get him in ju jitsu. but you definately have a law suit against the school. get a lawyer explain the situation. if in the least bit it will scare the school into doing something because they know they are wrong. but yeah that pisses me off too how kids can be so cruel....some parents they must have :rolleyes:

Mxjunkie
05-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Thats really messed up they are picking on your brother! Teach him some self defense and I'm sure they wont even try it again. Just goes to show how their parents are :rolleyes:

I'd say you have a case, bullying is a BIG problem in schools specially in your brothers part. If they do it again thats harrasment and assult.

Cody_300ex
05-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Man nothing pisses me off than a kid making fun of a mentally retarded person. We have one kid in my grade who is autistic and is litterally a human calculator, you say a math problem and he will have it in 3-6 seconds. Bad thing is that people that are 10 times dumber than him are calling him stupid and chit! But start teaching him some wrestleing moves so he can make them bullys sqeal! :D

polaris bob
05-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by TheX1992
We did manage to get one suspended for a couple of days, but that only made manners worse. These kids retaliate every time I talk to them.

"Why did you tell your brother we were doing this???!?" *SMACK*

We are having him lifting weights and taking boxing lessons to help defend himself next year. He is starting to fight back now. He recently took a trip to the Twin Cities to watch a TWINS game. The whole bus ride back a kid was hitting him with a baseball bat (plastic) until my brother turned around and kicked him in the chest as hard as he could.

First a couple of questions.

How old is your brother?

What is his size when compared to the other kids in his class? Same, smaller, bigger?

How old are you and what is your size when compared to these same kids?

The reason I ask is that at that age and point in life people seem to think that size matters, the big guys seem to get the rep that they are tough and the small kids get picked on because they are not tough.

It is more to the point that the big kids most likely can't win a fight against kids their own size and thus pick on kids that they know or think that they can beat!

While it is a proven fact that once the "smaller" kid starts to fight back and maybe even win a fight or two the "bully’s" tend to leave them alone I much prefer to go a different route altogether.

The time for talking is over, it has not worked and these kids don't seem to care what you say to them. They have done it before and gotten away with it and will continue to do so until they are stopped! It is up to you to stop it!

When and where I grew up, families tended to stick up for one another. I knew that if I picked on a kid and it was “not a fair fight” that I was most likely going to get my *** kicked by that kid’s older brother or brothers. The same went fo rme, If I got beat up on they knew that my older brother was going to be paying a visit to them real soon.

And that is what I would do in this situation. The next time someone picks on your brother go look him up and hand him an *** whooping that he won’t soon forget. I mean beat the living snot out of him!!! He will then realize what the consequences are if he picks on your bro again, and others will also.

With that being said, is this the “proper” thing to do? Nope, sure aint!! In fact it could get you in a whole bunch of trouble. But if it was my brother, it would be worth it. I would try to do it in an area where there were not a whole lot of witnesses to the fight just so you minimize the chances of getting in trouble but the word needs to get out that you will not stand for ANYONE picking on your brother ever again.

Trust me, the time for words are over, they have not done you or him any good. It is time to take action.

TheX1992
05-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by polaris bob
First a couple of questions.

How old is your brother?

What is his size when compared to the other kids in his class? Same, smaller, bigger?

How old are you and what is your size when compared to these same kids?

The reason I ask is that at that age and point in life people seem to think that size matters, the big guys seem to get the rep that they are tough and the small kids get picked on because they are not tough.

It is more to the point that the big kids most likely can't win a fight against kids their own size and thus pick on kids that they know or think that they can beat!

While it is a proven fact that once the "smaller" kid starts to fight back and maybe even win a fight or two the "bully’s" tend to leave them alone I much prefer to go a different route altogether.

The time for talking is over, it has not worked and these kids don't seem to care what you say to them. They have done it before and gotten away with it and will continue to do so until they are stopped! It is up to you to stop it!

When and where I grew up, families tended to stick up for one another. I knew that if I picked on a kid and it was “not a fair fight” that I was most likely going to get my *** kicked by that kid’s older brother or brothers. The same went fo rme, If I got beat up on they knew that my older brother was going to be paying a visit to them real soon.

And that is what I would do in this situation. The next time someone picks on your brother go look him up and hand him an *** whooping that he won’t soon forget. I mean beat the living snot out of him!!! He will then realize what the consequences are if he picks on your bro again, and others will also.

With that being said, is this the “proper” thing to do? Nope, sure aint!! In fact it could get you in a whole bunch of trouble. But if it was my brother, it would be worth it. I would try to do it in an area where there were not a whole lot of witnesses to the fight just so you minimize the chances of getting in trouble but the word needs to get out that you will not stand for ANYONE picking on your brother ever again.

Trust me, the time for words are over, they have not done you or him any good. It is time to take action.

Brother = around 5'7" maybe 110 and skin and bones. 8th grade going on freshman. 14.

Me = 6'5" 260. Senior graduating next week. 18.

Other kids = Same age (within a few grades up and down), varies in sizes.

I would love to follow him through school. Seeing that I am 18, I am considered an adult in court, and beating the snot out of a minor (although it is very tempting), is not going to fly. We threatened to press charges to the kid we got suspended, but they don't believe us.

polaris bob
05-27-2005, 09:55 AM
I understand what you are saying, but you don't need to follow your brother thru school, and I would not do the "beating" anywhere near the school. Do it off grounds and after school.

Remember, they are picking on your brother and getting away with it. IE no one is believing what your brother is saying happened, why would they believe what the other kids are saying when they say that you beat them up?

There are many ways to get around the "laws" that can get you in trouble. But in the end it is up to you on how you want to handle it. It just seems that it is not being handled in the right way now.

IMO people tend to rely on the legal system way too much now a days.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Tommy 17
05-27-2005, 10:00 AM
you got any cousins that are under the age of 18? or a close friend...

i know my cousin was gettin picked on alot in h.s. and there was nothing me or my other cousin could do because we are over 18... so we had a friend that was in the grade below out knock the crap out of the kids...

TheX1992
05-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by polaris bob

IMO people tend to rely on the legal system way too much now a days.

Oh I know, I see it too. But if that is what it takes to work, I will be more than happy to do it.

trick450r
05-27-2005, 12:31 PM
my older sister has some big friends, and at one point i was getting picked on really bad...i told her about it, and 1 day it just stopped...the former bullies let me cut them in lunch lines and things every since haha...i still dont know what they did...anyway help your brother out, get together with these bullies and "persuade" them to stop...

effective
05-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Well yeah, i agree with what polaris bob and thats the system that i would follow.. I gave you that "talking" method cause i heard Amercian laws are kinda tough and strict.. But lemme tell ya, the most effecient method and to get this problem solved is to just get 1 of them kids and beat the crap outa him. Set him an example to other students, try and choose some guy that wont go on crying to his parents or the police. Well thats what i would do. Oh ya, and when your beating up the kid try not to inflict serious damage, as in where he needs to go to the hospital and get some stitches or somethin.
Yep, some cases you just gotta take it in your own hands and solve it ureself.

wilkin250r
05-27-2005, 03:36 PM
That sucks, but you don't want to land yourself in jail or get slapped with your own lawsuit to fix it.

Teaching your brother self-defence is one method, but that's a long, slow process. Plus, if he's fighting back, it's going to get worse before it bets better. They might be just picking on him now, but if he starts to fight back before he's really able to "take" them, they're not just going to pick on him. They're going to beat the living snot out of him.

Honestly, the best solution I can think of is to get somebody else to do your "dirty work". Perhaps a cousin or friend, but that's still easily traceable. Get a cousin OF a friend, or even a random kid from another school. Pay some kid $50 to teach these bullies a lesson, let them know exactly why they are getting the crap beat out of them, but make no direct connection to YOU.

Heck, get a complete group together from this forum, there are plenty from Wisconsin.

05-27-2005, 03:53 PM
"nobodys above a good a*s whooping" F**K those B****es up. do u b y any chance have the mafia in your area lol

Doober
05-27-2005, 04:49 PM
why do people have to be such a**'s now a days?

i would beat the sh** out of them if i had a brother and someone was picking on him.

lilwitting
05-27-2005, 06:28 PM
im 14 going on to freshman year too if u gave me a 50 i would kick all there ***** and some more

:D

trick450r
05-27-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by lilwitting
im 14 going on to freshman year too if u gave me a 50 i would kick all there ***** and some more

:D

except your 14 years old and full of yourself and you would end up with a broken face...

trick450r
05-27-2005, 06:33 PM
dont touch them, that way they can just get you on threatening them..woopty do...just be like "hey guys i wanna talk to you, you touch my brother again or even give him a bad face i will mess you up so bad you wont be able to make a face." that would prolly take care of the problems

lilwitting
05-27-2005, 06:35 PM
im just joking dont get your pantys up in a bunch

and ya i would try to get the principle

bansheeguy77
05-27-2005, 07:39 PM
heres a simple plan....do recon on these kids.....see when they are alone.....wear a hoddie and or ski mask, break their ribs in snap a few ankles....take them out one by one....but make it fast before they catch on.....even a few will do...they will stop with no proof. just dont leave any evidence behind...even crack em a few times wit ha bat.

TRX_450
05-27-2005, 07:43 PM
i say ya jus get some on ur junior friends gonna be seniors to make their lives livin hell....and their friends do the same....so all thru highskool their lives will be hell

bulkdriverlp
05-27-2005, 10:15 PM
you need proof. i realize that your brother has bruises possibly from being beat up. he needs to wear a hidden camera or something so you will have video evidence you can take to the police. obviously the school isnt going to do much. have somebody else besides you follow your brother around with a book bag with digi video cam and when he gets beat up record it. you will have what you need to make a case. police cant charge a person off from heresay they need evidence. what better than video?? just a thought