PDA

View Full Version : Duncan PC4000 cylinder?

Bigg Pimpin
05-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Is anyone running one of these yet? I am looking into getting one and wanted to see if anyone had one yet. Got a few questions. Thanks:D

4??EX
05-27-2005, 01:34 PM
yes i have one! i got it while rebuilding my engine, it's very impressive! I redid my engine and know it's a 505 stroker! I got the duncan cylinder and mickey dunlaps 400ex to 500ex engine kit! got it all together and its a beast it was built for reliability and i have had no problems, duncan is great to do buisness w/ b/c they provide so much support and they back there stuff up!
any more questions fill free to ask!
-deano

ZQ8Dude
05-27-2005, 10:44 PM
is it lighter then the original cylinder?

im thinking of buying one and puttinga sparks 440/460 w/ a stroker crank.

QuadJunkies
05-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Im Diggin mine........!

Bigg Pimpin
05-31-2005, 12:51 AM
Still have any problems with head gaskets or did it solve that issue? I am thinking of doing the 465 with a 4 mil stroker. :devil:

QuadJunkies
05-31-2005, 12:54 AM
I thought I had a bad head gasket but it turned out to be nothing at all.....!! :D Im yet to have a head gasket go on my 426 or my 440!! :blah: :macho (well, I guess one that was givin to me prior to the Duncan had a bad gasket I forgot about that one )

Now Ill go knock on wood!!:o :p

K_Fulk
05-31-2005, 09:41 PM
The headstuds shouldnt pull out of the Duncan cylinder as easy as the stock one. The Duncan cylinder is billet and holds up better than the stock cast aluminum cylinder.

As far as the headstuds go I'm not sure but I wouldnt be surprised the see them having better headstuds too.

ZQ8Dude
06-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
The headstuds shouldnt pull out of the Duncan cylinder as easy as the stock one. The Duncan cylinder is billet and holds up better than the stock cast aluminum cylinder.

As far as the headstuds go I'm not sure but I wouldnt be surprised the see them having better headstuds too.

its billet!? which means it should be significantly lighter and stronger then the stocker.....damnit i almost dont wanna hear more....i have the money for the cylinder and enough left over to buy the sparks 440kit...but i gotta pay off the quad lol...damnit..

it says in the description that the studs are custom. so more then likely made to the same strength.

K_Fulk
06-01-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm sure there stronger but I doubt there any lighter. If they come with there own studs they should be stronger than the stockers.

My only beef with the cylinders are they still have a cast iron sleeve. For the price they charge they should have a nickasiled aluminum sleeve. That would make it even more reliable. And run cooler.

ZQ8Dude
06-01-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm sure there stronger but I doubt there any lighter. If they come with there own studs they should be stronger than the stockers.

My only beef with the cylinders are they still have a cast iron sleeve. For the price they charge they should have a nickasiled aluminum sleeve. That would make it even more reliable. And run cooler.

if its billet, it should lighter then the cast cylinder.

that cast iron sleeve, thats if you bu the kit with the 440 installed. What companies use the nickasiled alu. sleeve? if any.

after reading that duncan 470R to the sparks 470R, i dontrallywant the duncan 440. when the sparks was better in every way.

K_Fulk
06-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by ZQ8Dude
if its billet, it should lighter then the cast cylinder.

that cast iron sleeve, thats if you bu the kit with the 440 installed. What companies use the nickasiled alu. sleeve? if any.

after reading that duncan 470R to the sparks 470R, i dontrallywant the duncan 440. when the sparks was better in every way.

Cast aluminum? I figured billet would we denser.

I talked to laz at gt thunder about them and he said he could come up with alumionum sleeves but didnt do it alot. Most people dont want to pay the extra cost. Hetrick racing and madman engineering also use them. They have been the only places I have found so far.

ZQ8Dude
06-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Cast aluminum? I figured billet would we denser.

I talked to laz at gt thunder about them and he said he could come up with alumionum sleeves but didnt do it alot. Most people dont want to pay the extra cost. Hetrick racing and madman engineering also use them. They have been the only places I have found so far.

should be. back when i was heavy into RC thats how it was. The expensive billet parts were always lighter then the cheaper cast parts. i suppose it would be the same.

is there any other benefit more then just running cooler?

K_Fulk
06-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Other than staying cooler. An aluminum sleeve expands at the same rate as the piston keeping the tolerances the same.

With the aluminum sleeve having been nickasiled there is hardly any cylinder wear and will rev faster.

It makes the heavy motor a little lighter. But with an aluminum sleeve you will have the coolest running 440 around.